Good evening everyone. I hope that someone out there could offer up some sound advice for me here. I actually have a few questions.
My first question is this. My deck was stained last year with a semi solid stain in a light grey. Well, with just one gathering, the deck was filthy. With a lighter stained deck, I found myself out there washing it everyday. (I have a dog too) This summer, I have decided to go DARKER with yet another semi transparent stain, this time, I'm going with BMoore. I would like to know if I can go over the exsisting stain with semi transparent using a much darker color WITHOUT stripping first, but just a power wash? If I have to strip, I'll be there for the next three or so years.
My next question is this. In magazines you see those decks that have a shiny topcoat on them which looks to help with dirt and MAJOR scuff marks and I'm wondering what kind of finish this is. I recently stained a new deck with a semi transparent dark stain. A week later, scuff marks EVERYWHERE and again, it was filthy. I would like to not have to powerwash every single day, but instead, use a hose and have it run off nicely. Any kind of hard shell finish out there for decks?
Thanks all for your input!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!