Good evening everyone. I hope that someone out there could offer up some sound advice for me here. I actually have a few questions.
My first question is this. My deck was stained last year with a semi solid stain in a light grey. Well, with just one gathering, the deck was filthy. With a lighter stained deck, I found myself out there washing it everyday. (I have a dog too) This summer, I have decided to go DARKER with yet another semi transparent stain, this time, I'm going with BMoore. I would like to know if I can go over the exsisting stain with semi transparent using a much darker color WITHOUT stripping first, but just a power wash? If I have to strip, I'll be there for the next three or so years.
My next question is this. In magazines you see those decks that have a shiny topcoat on them which looks to help with dirt and MAJOR scuff marks and I'm wondering what kind of finish this is. I recently stained a new deck with a semi transparent dark stain. A week later, scuff marks EVERYWHERE and again, it was filthy. I would like to not have to powerwash every single day, but instead, use a hose and have it run off nicely. Any kind of hard shell finish out there for decks?
Thanks all for your input!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects