Good evening everyone. I hope that someone out there could offer up some sound advice for me here. I actually have a few questions.
My first question is this. My deck was stained last year with a semi solid stain in a light grey. Well, with just one gathering, the deck was filthy. With a lighter stained deck, I found myself out there washing it everyday. (I have a dog too) This summer, I have decided to go DARKER with yet another semi transparent stain, this time, I'm going with BMoore. I would like to know if I can go over the exsisting stain with semi transparent using a much darker color WITHOUT stripping first, but just a power wash? If I have to strip, I'll be there for the next three or so years.
My next question is this. In magazines you see those decks that have a shiny topcoat on them which looks to help with dirt and MAJOR scuff marks and I'm wondering what kind of finish this is. I recently stained a new deck with a semi transparent dark stain. A week later, scuff marks EVERYWHERE and again, it was filthy. I would like to not have to powerwash every single day, but instead, use a hose and have it run off nicely. Any kind of hard shell finish out there for decks?
Thanks all for your input!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office