Good evening everyone. I hope that someone out there could offer up some sound advice for me here. I actually have a few questions.
My first question is this. My deck was stained last year with a semi solid stain in a light grey. Well, with just one gathering, the deck was filthy. With a lighter stained deck, I found myself out there washing it everyday. (I have a dog too) This summer, I have decided to go DARKER with yet another semi transparent stain, this time, I'm going with BMoore. I would like to know if I can go over the exsisting stain with semi transparent using a much darker color WITHOUT stripping first, but just a power wash? If I have to strip, I'll be there for the next three or so years.
My next question is this. In magazines you see those decks that have a shiny topcoat on them which looks to help with dirt and MAJOR scuff marks and I'm wondering what kind of finish this is. I recently stained a new deck with a semi transparent dark stain. A week later, scuff marks EVERYWHERE and again, it was filthy. I would like to not have to powerwash every single day, but instead, use a hose and have it run off nicely. Any kind of hard shell finish out there for decks?
Thanks all for your input!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers