I've been talking with our TT warranty specialist and want to let you know where we stand on our white problem.
TT not only agreed to pay the whole bill for replacing the deck and pay our contractors fee but assured me that they have rectified the problem and that it won't happen again.
I read MAGSTERS comments about his replacement going to the white-side, however, he did pick a different color. I don't know; all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and trust TT's handling of our particular situation.
Obviously they had a huge batch of this tainted product hit the market but I don't think at this point that any of us can say exactly where to place the blame. Maybe they're R&D department did do their job, and then again, maybe not. Maybe a supplier is to blame, but even so, the responsibility still lands square on TT's shoulders and they need to make it right or they stand to lose allot. It will take some time before I know whether our replacement deck will be all-white or alright. Since it will be finished by the end of this month 9/30/2010, I suspect if it's going to turn white, it will take at least until sometime next summer to show.
Should it turn white, then YES, something like a class action suit or flooding the internet with bad P R would certainly be in order, but until then I'm going to avoid jumping on that band-wagon.
I'll keep you posted; just don't hold your breath, it may take awhile.
Restoring Cedar Cabinet
Can I create a flower bed abudding cedar siding of h...
Red versus White Cedar fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips