I've been talking with our TT warranty specialist and want to let you know where we stand on our white problem.
TT not only agreed to pay the whole bill for replacing the deck and pay our contractors fee but assured me that they have rectified the problem and that it won't happen again.
I read MAGSTERS comments about his replacement going to the white-side, however, he did pick a different color. I don't know; all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and trust TT's handling of our particular situation.
Obviously they had a huge batch of this tainted product hit the market but I don't think at this point that any of us can say exactly where to place the blame. Maybe they're R&D department did do their job, and then again, maybe not. Maybe a supplier is to blame, but even so, the responsibility still lands square on TT's shoulders and they need to make it right or they stand to lose allot. It will take some time before I know whether our replacement deck will be all-white or alright. Since it will be finished by the end of this month 9/30/2010, I suspect if it's going to turn white, it will take at least until sometime next summer to show.
Should it turn white, then YES, something like a class action suit or flooding the internet with bad P R would certainly be in order, but until then I'm going to avoid jumping on that band-wagon.
I'll keep you posted; just don't hold your breath, it may take awhile.
Restoring Cedar Cabinet
Can I create a flower bed abudding cedar siding of h...
Red versus White Cedar fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects