I've been talking with our TT warranty specialist and want to let you know where we stand on our white problem.
TT not only agreed to pay the whole bill for replacing the deck and pay our contractors fee but assured me that they have rectified the problem and that it won't happen again.
I read MAGSTERS comments about his replacement going to the white-side, however, he did pick a different color. I don't know; all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and trust TT's handling of our particular situation.
Obviously they had a huge batch of this tainted product hit the market but I don't think at this point that any of us can say exactly where to place the blame. Maybe they're R&D department did do their job, and then again, maybe not. Maybe a supplier is to blame, but even so, the responsibility still lands square on TT's shoulders and they need to make it right or they stand to lose allot. It will take some time before I know whether our replacement deck will be all-white or alright. Since it will be finished by the end of this month 9/30/2010, I suspect if it's going to turn white, it will take at least until sometime next summer to show.
Should it turn white, then YES, something like a class action suit or flooding the internet with bad P R would certainly be in order, but until then I'm going to avoid jumping on that band-wagon.
I'll keep you posted; just don't hold your breath, it may take awhile.
Restoring Cedar Cabinet
Can I create a flower bed abudding cedar siding of h...
Red versus White Cedar fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them