I've been talking with our TT warranty specialist and want to let you know where we stand on our white problem.
TT not only agreed to pay the whole bill for replacing the deck and pay our contractors fee but assured me that they have rectified the problem and that it won't happen again.
I read MAGSTERS comments about his replacement going to the white-side, however, he did pick a different color. I don't know; all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and trust TT's handling of our particular situation.
Obviously they had a huge batch of this tainted product hit the market but I don't think at this point that any of us can say exactly where to place the blame. Maybe they're R&D department did do their job, and then again, maybe not. Maybe a supplier is to blame, but even so, the responsibility still lands square on TT's shoulders and they need to make it right or they stand to lose allot. It will take some time before I know whether our replacement deck will be all-white or alright. Since it will be finished by the end of this month 9/30/2010, I suspect if it's going to turn white, it will take at least until sometime next summer to show.
Should it turn white, then YES, something like a class action suit or flooding the internet with bad P R would certainly be in order, but until then I'm going to avoid jumping on that band-wagon.
I'll keep you posted; just don't hold your breath, it may take awhile.
Restoring Cedar Cabinet
Can I create a flower bed abudding cedar siding of h...
Red versus White Cedar fence
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!