I've been talking with our TT warranty specialist and want to let you know where we stand on our white problem.
TT not only agreed to pay the whole bill for replacing the deck and pay our contractors fee but assured me that they have rectified the problem and that it won't happen again.
I read MAGSTERS comments about his replacement going to the white-side, however, he did pick a different color. I don't know; all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and trust TT's handling of our particular situation.
Obviously they had a huge batch of this tainted product hit the market but I don't think at this point that any of us can say exactly where to place the blame. Maybe they're R&D department did do their job, and then again, maybe not. Maybe a supplier is to blame, but even so, the responsibility still lands square on TT's shoulders and they need to make it right or they stand to lose allot. It will take some time before I know whether our replacement deck will be all-white or alright. Since it will be finished by the end of this month 9/30/2010, I suspect if it's going to turn white, it will take at least until sometime next summer to show.
Should it turn white, then YES, something like a class action suit or flooding the internet with bad P R would certainly be in order, but until then I'm going to avoid jumping on that band-wagon.
I'll keep you posted; just don't hold your breath, it may take awhile.
Restoring Cedar Cabinet
Can I create a flower bed abudding cedar siding of h...
Red versus White Cedar fence
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight