I would like to remodel a small bathroom. We have a slab foundation, what would it take to move a toilet about 2.5 ft, and rotate it 90 degr.?
Rotating the toilet is no major problem. The toilet flange is slotted to allow you to readjust it. If it is not the way you want it then they sell adapter flanges that you can place on the existing flange. To move it you are going to have to break up the slab foundation to reach the sewer pipes underground. If you move the toilet in the direction the pipes are going then you will only need to bust out about 3 feet. If you move it away from the direction of the exiisting pipe, then you will have to break it up until you reach the main sewer line. The slabs generally are not that thick so it probably can be accomplished with a small sledge hammer and chisel. HAVE FUN!!!
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
connecting old cast iron pipe to new plastic
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes