I would like to remodel a small bathroom. We have a slab foundation, what would it take to move a toilet about 2.5 ft, and rotate it 90 degr.?
Rotating the toilet is no major problem. The toilet flange is slotted to allow you to readjust it. If it is not the way you want it then they sell adapter flanges that you can place on the existing flange. To move it you are going to have to break up the slab foundation to reach the sewer pipes underground. If you move the toilet in the direction the pipes are going then you will only need to bust out about 3 feet. If you move it away from the direction of the exiisting pipe, then you will have to break it up until you reach the main sewer line. The slabs generally are not that thick so it probably can be accomplished with a small sledge hammer and chisel. HAVE FUN!!!
3/4 vs 1/2 piping
Bathroom remodel done. I think a made a big boo boo.
connecting old cast iron pipe to new plastic
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!