Slow Draining Bathtub
Drano and a few other brands have a foaming pipe cleaner that works amazingly well. You pour a solid, powdery substance down the drain, pour a cup or two of water after it, and the powder starts foaming down the drain. It stays in the drain and really does a good job of cleaning it.
The other thing is to make sure you have a good enough strainer to filter out hair and such. You would be shocked to find out how much hair falls out in the shower, especially if anyone who uses it has long hair. If you do not have a good strainer, it will just go down and join up with the old clog. A week is not too uncommon for the hair to clog up, especially if more than one person uses the shower.
I was just thinking back to when my son was 2 and had a set of very little boats. Ok Check to see if you have access to the pipes under your tub first. Sometimes they are in a closet just the other side of the tub like my mothers house ( second floor). Now mine are in back of the kitchen cabinet as we are on a slab floor. Took out the j joint pipe and found hair,toy boat and one car. We changed the drain and put on a foot cap, great you just close it or open it by hand or your foot and it can be removed for cleaning. If you us any cleaners be careful that it does not come back up as it can stain the tub. If after all that it still is slow and you have made sure drain pipe is correct size then you may have to snake out the pipes , consider one you can put on a drill, good for short distances and does take out some small blocks. Also I would check toilet and any other systems down stream of the tub.Slow flush, slow drain from sinks ? I have found that if you clean the j pipe once or twice a year it saves trouble later. good luck
Slow Draining Toilet
slow draining tub and toilet
2 double flushing toilets and 1 slow draining toilet...
slow draining toilet/tubs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!