Can anyone suggest a good paint sprayer to buy to use w/ a compressor? I am painting some wainscoting and want to spray it to get a smooth finish. Any suggestions?
I'm usually NOT a fan of cheap/discount tools (Ya get what ya pay for....) But, I picked up a Campbell Hausfield (sp?) at Home Depot a year or so ago to use w/ my 5.5horse 30gal compressor and it has worked out great...for simple projects. Of course if you plan on doing high quality work (auto finish, detail work, etc.) you'll want to get into air dryers and a real quality gun, but for basic household stuff it works just fine if you spend the time cleaning it out after you finish. Think it was about 40 bucks. Used it w/ Latex, Rustoleum enamel, Polyuerethane, etc. all w/ great results. Just grab an old piece of cardboard or something to practice and adjust with before you point it at something valuable!
depneds on how much you need to spray before refilling container. I have a paint pot assembly with a one gallon container, a quart can, and a simple paint gun with quart stainless cup. price is 180.00, for pot assembly, 15.00 for quart size. see website www.tool-central.com for more info.
I want to use a paint sprayer to spray some wainscoting that I put up. Is that a bad idea. Is it going to make a mess. I want a nice smooth finish. Any suggestions?
you will get oversprays from all standard type guns. if you want to do this, use a hvlp gun. there will be no oversprays. I would suggest other appplications for a professonal job. I would use the old standby good quality paint brush and good quality paint.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs