Can anyone suggest a good paint sprayer to buy to use w/ a compressor? I am painting some wainscoting and want to spray it to get a smooth finish. Any suggestions?
I'm usually NOT a fan of cheap/discount tools (Ya get what ya pay for....) But, I picked up a Campbell Hausfield (sp?) at Home Depot a year or so ago to use w/ my 5.5horse 30gal compressor and it has worked out great...for simple projects. Of course if you plan on doing high quality work (auto finish, detail work, etc.) you'll want to get into air dryers and a real quality gun, but for basic household stuff it works just fine if you spend the time cleaning it out after you finish. Think it was about 40 bucks. Used it w/ Latex, Rustoleum enamel, Polyuerethane, etc. all w/ great results. Just grab an old piece of cardboard or something to practice and adjust with before you point it at something valuable!
depneds on how much you need to spray before refilling container. I have a paint pot assembly with a one gallon container, a quart can, and a simple paint gun with quart stainless cup. price is 180.00, for pot assembly, 15.00 for quart size. see website www.tool-central.com for more info.
I want to use a paint sprayer to spray some wainscoting that I put up. Is that a bad idea. Is it going to make a mess. I want a nice smooth finish. Any suggestions?
you will get oversprays from all standard type guns. if you want to do this, use a hvlp gun. there will be no oversprays. I would suggest other appplications for a professonal job. I would use the old standby good quality paint brush and good quality paint.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING