Sump Pump Drain
Sump Pump can be plumbed into the main waste
pipe in my basement. My main drain is above the basement floor level, and the ground around my house is very rocky and hard and
does not drain well, its runs off on top to my neighbors house to his concrete driveway
I am worrried it may one day crack it
I have thought about a dry well but to dig it would take forever with the rock.
No, it really can't be 'tied in' to your Sewer System.
Sump Water is NOT 'waste water'. It's considered Storm Water, thus, is not to be tied into the Sewer System.
Now, what should you do? Get the Mfgr. and Model info on your current system and ctc. the Mfgr. and ask them how LooooonG your Drain Line can be. Also, measure the HEIGHT of the Sump Line (as it is now.) With that information, the Mfgr. should be able to tell you how high and LooonG your Drain Line can be. Perhaps you can run the line to the FRONT (or wherever) of the house. BUT, before you do anything else, do some measuring and ctc. the Mfgr.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees