Sump Pump Drain
Sump Pump can be plumbed into the main waste
pipe in my basement. My main drain is above the basement floor level, and the ground around my house is very rocky and hard and
does not drain well, its runs off on top to my neighbors house to his concrete driveway
I am worrried it may one day crack it
I have thought about a dry well but to dig it would take forever with the rock.
No, it really can't be 'tied in' to your Sewer System.
Sump Water is NOT 'waste water'. It's considered Storm Water, thus, is not to be tied into the Sewer System.
Now, what should you do? Get the Mfgr. and Model info on your current system and ctc. the Mfgr. and ask them how LooooonG your Drain Line can be. Also, measure the HEIGHT of the Sump Line (as it is now.) With that information, the Mfgr. should be able to tell you how high and LooonG your Drain Line can be. Perhaps you can run the line to the FRONT (or wherever) of the house. BUT, before you do anything else, do some measuring and ctc. the Mfgr.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Experts Pick 12 Never-Fail Colors
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 8 Paint Colors to Help Sell Your House
- Furniture Arranging 101
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Brilliant Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- Bob Vila's 10 "Must Do" Projects for July
- 15 Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 10 “Zero Dollar” Storage Hacks to Try Today
- AVOID These 5 Popular Home Improvements
- 11 Top Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 14 Ways to Make Good Use of Your Old Stuff
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes