Sump Pump Drain
Sump Pump can be plumbed into the main waste
pipe in my basement. My main drain is above the basement floor level, and the ground around my house is very rocky and hard and
does not drain well, its runs off on top to my neighbors house to his concrete driveway
I am worrried it may one day crack it
I have thought about a dry well but to dig it would take forever with the rock.
No, it really can't be 'tied in' to your Sewer System.
Sump Water is NOT 'waste water'. It's considered Storm Water, thus, is not to be tied into the Sewer System.
Now, what should you do? Get the Mfgr. and Model info on your current system and ctc. the Mfgr. and ask them how LooooonG your Drain Line can be. Also, measure the HEIGHT of the Sump Line (as it is now.) With that information, the Mfgr. should be able to tell you how high and LooonG your Drain Line can be. Perhaps you can run the line to the FRONT (or wherever) of the house. BUT, before you do anything else, do some measuring and ctc. the Mfgr.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes