Sump Pump Drain
Sump Pump can be plumbed into the main waste
pipe in my basement. My main drain is above the basement floor level, and the ground around my house is very rocky and hard and
does not drain well, its runs off on top to my neighbors house to his concrete driveway
I am worrried it may one day crack it
I have thought about a dry well but to dig it would take forever with the rock.
No, it really can't be 'tied in' to your Sewer System.
Sump Water is NOT 'waste water'. It's considered Storm Water, thus, is not to be tied into the Sewer System.
Now, what should you do? Get the Mfgr. and Model info on your current system and ctc. the Mfgr. and ask them how LooooonG your Drain Line can be. Also, measure the HEIGHT of the Sump Line (as it is now.) With that information, the Mfgr. should be able to tell you how high and LooonG your Drain Line can be. Perhaps you can run the line to the FRONT (or wherever) of the house. BUT, before you do anything else, do some measuring and ctc. the Mfgr.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs