You have a couple of things going on here.
As I see it, you shouldn't see any 'changes' in the water flow when the new bathroom is NOT in use. If the new bath was IN USE at the time you flush or shower in the UPSTAIRS bathrooms, then you should see a change in the pressure.
RE: "... on the same line until the main one going out of the house." I'm not clear what this has to do with 'pressure' in the feeder line. If you're referring to the sewer line, it's moot. It's gravity-fed and that's that (I'm assuming).
RE: "... faucets use to shut off immediately ...", again, I can see this if the basement bathroom is IN USE when you go to use water from a 'down line terminal' (which is an upstairs sink or bath or toilet or whatever.) If the water is NOT in use in the basement, that's moot.
Is the washing machine or dishwashing machine running when you go to use the upstairs faucets??? You could have the lines 'tested' by a Plumber for proper pressure. Or, you could buy a Tester on your own and do some limited testing. I know I keep saying this but if the basement bathroom isn't in use, I guess you could have a 'leak' somewhere. Check to see if your meter is running when all the water in the house is OFF. Others may have more info so stick around for a while.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
Thanks for the reply - Believe it or not, it helped a lot. My knowledge on plumbing is limited so you eliminated a couple of things. I will check the meter as a leak seems to be a possibility. Other then that, I will call a plumber to test
For what it's worth, have you checked the main water supply valve? I ran into this problem at a friend's house after a plumber installed a shower in the basement. The problem was that the plumber didn't turn the main water valve back to fully open, hence the reduced water pressure. Sometimes, it's the simplest things! Let us know.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs