I have a house in Orange, Ca. that was built in 1947. I have two ledgeback sinks that need new plumbing fixtures. I need two faucets and two drain tubes. The faucets that are in the sinks now are of "CRANE" manufacture. The drain tubes are a little larger diameter than normal that I find in the stores around here. I have tried but cannot find replacements and do not want to replace the whole sink/cabinet/tile countertop. Thank you for your help, Anyone?
Do you mean to say that the CONNECTORS are of larger diameter? The actual diameter of the main body of the tube shouldn't matter as long as the end connectors fit.
Those old Crane faucets are still sold (but made by others) at local plumbing wholesalers. You have to check with Vermillion or one that specializes in antique faucets.
Some Crane fixtures from the 30/40/50s have 11/2" tailpiece from the pop-up assembly as do some of the American Standard. (commonly 11/4" now days) all of it is available, as are the ledge-back faucets. erik
Problem solved for the drainage. Cut the old traps out and install a 1 and 1/2" Fernco band. These bands are flexible enough to tighten down enough without a leak. Then you can go to PVC or chrome. As far as the supply side, install a 1/2" x 3/8" Delta adapter. That is 1/2" sweat by 3/8" OD compression. You can then decide on a good name brand faucet. May I recommend Delta or Moen>? Something you can alway's get replacement parts for. Good Luck !
Delta and Moen do not manufacture "ledge-back" faucets. I think American Standard does (commercial catalog). Chicago also makes a "ledge-back". Most people have yanked these lavatories out...they were commonly "wall-hung" basins that were set in a cabinet and then tiled in, really difficult to work on...If youre able to its better to get rid of them. erik
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!