Help! The hot water coming through my shower isn't nearly as hot as the hot water that comes through the kitchen sink. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
There might be a limit stop (a small, commonly white piece of plastic) that was installed to prevent scalding. You have to remove the screw and handle to get to the limit stop.
Thanks for the information regarding the limit stop. I just tried that but unfortunatly, I had no luck. The water still wasn't very hot. Any other ideas?
Youve got cold water by-passing into the hot side. Typically its the shower cartridge that is worn and needs to be changed out although there are several other places the cold can by-pass into the hot or vice-versa. Its important to supply as much information as possible age/brand or simply what the fixture looks like.....many operate very differently and diagnosing with little data is not easy. Bottom line, change the cart. if its a single handle unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes