Help! The hot water coming through my shower isn't nearly as hot as the hot water that comes through the kitchen sink. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
There might be a limit stop (a small, commonly white piece of plastic) that was installed to prevent scalding. You have to remove the screw and handle to get to the limit stop.
Thanks for the information regarding the limit stop. I just tried that but unfortunatly, I had no luck. The water still wasn't very hot. Any other ideas?
Youve got cold water by-passing into the hot side. Typically its the shower cartridge that is worn and needs to be changed out although there are several other places the cold can by-pass into the hot or vice-versa. Its important to supply as much information as possible age/brand or simply what the fixture looks like.....many operate very differently and diagnosing with little data is not easy. Bottom line, change the cart. if its a single handle unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office