Help! The hot water coming through my shower isn't nearly as hot as the hot water that comes through the kitchen sink. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
There might be a limit stop (a small, commonly white piece of plastic) that was installed to prevent scalding. You have to remove the screw and handle to get to the limit stop.
Thanks for the information regarding the limit stop. I just tried that but unfortunatly, I had no luck. The water still wasn't very hot. Any other ideas?
Youve got cold water by-passing into the hot side. Typically its the shower cartridge that is worn and needs to be changed out although there are several other places the cold can by-pass into the hot or vice-versa. Its important to supply as much information as possible age/brand or simply what the fixture looks like.....many operate very differently and diagnosing with little data is not easy. Bottom line, change the cart. if its a single handle unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!