Help! The hot water coming through my shower isn't nearly as hot as the hot water that comes through the kitchen sink. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
There might be a limit stop (a small, commonly white piece of plastic) that was installed to prevent scalding. You have to remove the screw and handle to get to the limit stop.
Thanks for the information regarding the limit stop. I just tried that but unfortunatly, I had no luck. The water still wasn't very hot. Any other ideas?
Youve got cold water by-passing into the hot side. Typically its the shower cartridge that is worn and needs to be changed out although there are several other places the cold can by-pass into the hot or vice-versa. Its important to supply as much information as possible age/brand or simply what the fixture looks like.....many operate very differently and diagnosing with little data is not easy. Bottom line, change the cart. if its a single handle unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects