I have a toilet in my bathroom that doesn't work. I turned off the water valve underneath the toilet and disconnected the line. I then slowly turned the valve on and water came out. I held my thumb over the valve opening(and not very tightly) and turned the valve all the way open. I was easily able to stop the water from coming through the valve. I changed out all the guts in the toilet. My tub and sink also has very slow running water. I timed it and it took half an hour for my tub to fill up HALFWAY. That made me assume something is wrong with waterpressure. I can not afford a plumber. I would be very grateful for anyone that could help me resolve this situation. In return I am a proffesional home painter and can answer questions for you regaurding this trade. Someone please help me.....I have family coming with only one bathroom.....yikes!.....
Bill are you on a well? Some things that you can check yourself are 1) the pressure switch 2) The pressure tank and 3) the water pressure itself. You can buy a test gauge and attach it to an outside hose bibb, or at the drain off valve at the bottom of the water heater. You should have at least 40 psi on the gauge.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes