I have a toilet in my bathroom that doesn't work. I turned off the water valve underneath the toilet and disconnected the line. I then slowly turned the valve on and water came out. I held my thumb over the valve opening(and not very tightly) and turned the valve all the way open. I was easily able to stop the water from coming through the valve. I changed out all the guts in the toilet. My tub and sink also has very slow running water. I timed it and it took half an hour for my tub to fill up HALFWAY. That made me assume something is wrong with waterpressure. I can not afford a plumber. I would be very grateful for anyone that could help me resolve this situation. In return I am a proffesional home painter and can answer questions for you regaurding this trade. Someone please help me.....I have family coming with only one bathroom.....yikes!.....
Bill are you on a well? Some things that you can check yourself are 1) the pressure switch 2) The pressure tank and 3) the water pressure itself. You can buy a test gauge and attach it to an outside hose bibb, or at the drain off valve at the bottom of the water heater. You should have at least 40 psi on the gauge.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!