I have a toilet in my bathroom that doesn't work. I turned off the water valve underneath the toilet and disconnected the line. I then slowly turned the valve on and water came out. I held my thumb over the valve opening(and not very tightly) and turned the valve all the way open. I was easily able to stop the water from coming through the valve. I changed out all the guts in the toilet. My tub and sink also has very slow running water. I timed it and it took half an hour for my tub to fill up HALFWAY. That made me assume something is wrong with waterpressure. I can not afford a plumber. I would be very grateful for anyone that could help me resolve this situation. In return I am a proffesional home painter and can answer questions for you regaurding this trade. Someone please help me.....I have family coming with only one bathroom.....yikes!.....
Bill are you on a well? Some things that you can check yourself are 1) the pressure switch 2) The pressure tank and 3) the water pressure itself. You can buy a test gauge and attach it to an outside hose bibb, or at the drain off valve at the bottom of the water heater. You should have at least 40 psi on the gauge.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight