i have a question re the hose bib.
Recently we turned off the hot water and the cold water inside which control the hose bib outside.
My husband turned on the tap outside to drain it and a little bit of hot water continued coming out, wouldn't stop, so he closed the outside tap.
he had taken the hose off but a short connector hose to the garden hose wheel was left attached to the tap.
Afterwards there is a drip from the nut of the Cold water tap Inside. I wrapped a cloth around it. When it got really cold it stopped.
We then disconnected the short connector hose to the garden hose - water was frozen inside it. And there was frozen water inside the faucet outside.
Now the temperature is a bit milder and the dripping inside is happenning again.
What is going on? Any ideas? Thanks so much .
Winterizing Hose Bibs
Does a water softener treat the outside hose bib ?
New bathroom water supply
Copper Pipe Burst by Cold Air?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects