i have a question re the hose bib.
Recently we turned off the hot water and the cold water inside which control the hose bib outside.
My husband turned on the tap outside to drain it and a little bit of hot water continued coming out, wouldn't stop, so he closed the outside tap.
he had taken the hose off but a short connector hose to the garden hose wheel was left attached to the tap.
Afterwards there is a drip from the nut of the Cold water tap Inside. I wrapped a cloth around it. When it got really cold it stopped.
We then disconnected the short connector hose to the garden hose - water was frozen inside it. And there was frozen water inside the faucet outside.
Now the temperature is a bit milder and the dripping inside is happenning again.
What is going on? Any ideas? Thanks so much .
Winterizing Hose Bibs
Does a water softener treat the outside hose bib ?
New bathroom water supply
Copper Pipe Burst by Cold Air?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!