i have a question re the hose bib.
Recently we turned off the hot water and the cold water inside which control the hose bib outside.
My husband turned on the tap outside to drain it and a little bit of hot water continued coming out, wouldn't stop, so he closed the outside tap.
he had taken the hose off but a short connector hose to the garden hose wheel was left attached to the tap.
Afterwards there is a drip from the nut of the Cold water tap Inside. I wrapped a cloth around it. When it got really cold it stopped.
We then disconnected the short connector hose to the garden hose - water was frozen inside it. And there was frozen water inside the faucet outside.
Now the temperature is a bit milder and the dripping inside is happenning again.
What is going on? Any ideas? Thanks so much .
Winterizing Hose Bibs
Does a water softener treat the outside hose bib ?
New bathroom water supply
Copper Pipe Burst by Cold Air?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING