i have a question re the hose bib.
Recently we turned off the hot water and the cold water inside which control the hose bib outside.
My husband turned on the tap outside to drain it and a little bit of hot water continued coming out, wouldn't stop, so he closed the outside tap.
he had taken the hose off but a short connector hose to the garden hose wheel was left attached to the tap.
Afterwards there is a drip from the nut of the Cold water tap Inside. I wrapped a cloth around it. When it got really cold it stopped.
We then disconnected the short connector hose to the garden hose - water was frozen inside it. And there was frozen water inside the faucet outside.
Now the temperature is a bit milder and the dripping inside is happenning again.
What is going on? Any ideas? Thanks so much .
Winterizing Hose Bibs
Does a water softener treat the outside hose bib ?
New bathroom water supply
Copper Pipe Burst by Cold Air?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight