I just installed a new pressure tank and pressure switch. Everything is set properly (air pressure 2 lbs less than cut on, etc). My pump (jet, not a submersible) will come on, run up to the proper pressure point then shut off. I immediately lose 20 lbs of pressure and then the pump kicks on and off very rapidly. I have to actually shut the electric off to the pump to get this to stop. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
The reason that we started working on this to begin with is that occassionally this rapid on/off would start on it's own for no reason. However, before we started messing with changing things, I could simply run water and the rapid on/off would stop. Now it's never ending and if I want to use the water I have to go turn the pump on, wait for the pressure to get where it needs to be and shut the pump off.
Any ideas you have would be appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!