I am moving into a house which uses propane heat. There is a pellet stove in the living room which appears to operate except the auto feeder isn't feeding the pellets. Could this an easily fixable problem? An ideas on what to check; I am a fairly able handy man and am willing to take it apart if needed. Thanks!
I would plan on trashing the pellet stove and put in something like a propane or gas fireplace instead. I have had all the alternative heaters and they all have the down side. Pellet stove have a blower that runs at a high speed (to keep the pellet lit) and it is really noisy. I could never depend on the pellet stove as it often jammed and would quit while i was asleep or gone. They are also hard to light. They run too much and you get a stove full of pellets that you have to clean out before you can relight.
Pellet Stove & C Air
Using a Pellet Stove as an "Add On"
Dealers for new non electric, gravity fed, portable ...
Scotts Pellet Stove Parts
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?