I am moving into a house which uses propane heat. There is a pellet stove in the living room which appears to operate except the auto feeder isn't feeding the pellets. Could this an easily fixable problem? An ideas on what to check; I am a fairly able handy man and am willing to take it apart if needed. Thanks!
I would plan on trashing the pellet stove and put in something like a propane or gas fireplace instead. I have had all the alternative heaters and they all have the down side. Pellet stove have a blower that runs at a high speed (to keep the pellet lit) and it is really noisy. I could never depend on the pellet stove as it often jammed and would quit while i was asleep or gone. They are also hard to light. They run too much and you get a stove full of pellets that you have to clean out before you can relight.
Pellet Stove & C Air
Using a Pellet Stove as an "Add On"
Dealers for new non electric, gravity fed, portable ...
Scotts Pellet Stove Parts
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!