I have central air in attic. I would like to humidify the home during winter. Is there a central humidifier system that can be installed to leverage the existing central A/C duct work?
Do you have your heatattached to the same ductwork or do you have something else like baseboard heat? If your heat is using the ductwork then they do sell humidifiers which hook right into the ducts. I just got an estimate and it came in at $450 from my local heating and air guy. I don't know if this system would work with just A/C ducts.
Thanks for the reply.
I have forced hot water heating. The duct I am hoping to use was installed during the installation of the A/C.
Here is a link on some excellent humidifers available. Good luck.
Unless you have some type of heat in the attic duct system, you will not be able to install a humidifier in the duct work. The humidifier requires a source of heated air to absorb the moisture that it is putting into the duct system. Aprilaire does make a self contained humidifier especially for hydronically heated homes. Models 350 and 360.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!