I have central air in attic. I would like to humidify the home during winter. Is there a central humidifier system that can be installed to leverage the existing central A/C duct work?
Do you have your heatattached to the same ductwork or do you have something else like baseboard heat? If your heat is using the ductwork then they do sell humidifiers which hook right into the ducts. I just got an estimate and it came in at $450 from my local heating and air guy. I don't know if this system would work with just A/C ducts.
Thanks for the reply.
I have forced hot water heating. The duct I am hoping to use was installed during the installation of the A/C.
Here is a link on some excellent humidifers available. Good luck.
Unless you have some type of heat in the attic duct system, you will not be able to install a humidifier in the duct work. The humidifier requires a source of heated air to absorb the moisture that it is putting into the duct system. Aprilaire does make a self contained humidifier especially for hydronically heated homes. Models 350 and 360.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING