Hi, please give advice if you can. I am trying to find the best way to heat up a patio room that we've recently converted from a summer porch (all enclosed with screened windows and screen door) to a four season room with windows and a door. We are putting ceramic tile on the floor, we've finished putting pine on the ceiling but we don't know how to heat the room so that it is at least 50 degrees F in the winter, and can be adjusted quickly if we want to use the room to 70 degrees. We don't want to use the under the floor water method, but we are considering a stove or fireplace or ???..we'd appreciate any advice we can get.
If you don't need to cool the space, the best way to go is with a stand alone electric or baseboard heater. I know what your're thinking, but electric heat is not as bad as everybody thinks. Electric heat is almost 100% efficient and the heaters are cheap to buy. If money is no problem I would install a mini- split heat pump, or motel type wall unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes