I am looking for information on how to build a flower bed around my foundation with landscape timbers. I know of interlocking them but not sure how what base I should use and how to start off level and keep it level to the end of the house. I have a sloping yard.
This is only DIY advice, but when we recently made a flower bed on a slope next to a foundation, we made a level string line, started at the bottom of the slope, leveling as we went, and worked our way up the slope. We drilled holes in the landscape timbers -- 3 for 8 footers -- and pounded 18-24 inch rebars through for support. We also used 8 inch landscape nails to link the supports together. For the slope side, if it got above 10 inches or so, we got a long drill and drill adjoining holes and pounded more rebar through to keep if from tilting. We put gravel -- an inch or two, then topsoil and peat moss mix in the bed for the flowers. Added a drip hose with a time through the beds as well. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes