I am looking for information on how to build a flower bed around my foundation with landscape timbers. I know of interlocking them but not sure how what base I should use and how to start off level and keep it level to the end of the house. I have a sloping yard.
This is only DIY advice, but when we recently made a flower bed on a slope next to a foundation, we made a level string line, started at the bottom of the slope, leveling as we went, and worked our way up the slope. We drilled holes in the landscape timbers -- 3 for 8 footers -- and pounded 18-24 inch rebars through for support. We also used 8 inch landscape nails to link the supports together. For the slope side, if it got above 10 inches or so, we got a long drill and drill adjoining holes and pounded more rebar through to keep if from tilting. We put gravel -- an inch or two, then topsoil and peat moss mix in the bed for the flowers. Added a drip hose with a time through the beds as well. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!