Three years ago I purchased a new 128000BTU boiler for my 80 yr old 2000 sq. foot home. Every radiator heated great except one radiator in the basement -- I didn't worry about it since it was only in the basement. However this summer I remodeled my kitchen and an adjacent back foyer and bath, and moved two radiators around in the process and also brought up the radiator (that didn't work)from the basement. I completed everything a couple weeks ago and fired up the boiler. Every radiator heated great except one in the front living room -- I never did anything with this one. SO I drained the whole system and dismantled both (feed and return) small section of piping to that radator expecting to find a plug. Nothing. I replumbed it, filled the system back up, and re-fired the boiler. Now, the two back radiators (off the kitchen) that I relocated over the summer aren't heating up. (however the one I brought up fron the basement is working fine.) I tried to bleed them of air... no air. I even bled five gallons out of one radiator hoping to unearth a big air pocket... nothing.
Now, I am wondering, ever since I got the new boiler three years ago, at least one radiator hasn't worked (up until now it was the one in the basement). Could it be that the pump on the new boiler is too small?? Maybe it doesn't have the pressure/flow to supply water to all radiators at one time?? I tried to test this theory and shut off sever radiators to see if I could divert the water to the radiators that aren't working... nothing still. I'm completely stumped. It's driving me mad. Someone please help me. I can't afford to call in a heating cooling contractor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!