Three years ago I purchased a new 128000BTU boiler for my 80 yr old 2000 sq. foot home. Every radiator heated great except one radiator in the basement -- I didn't worry about it since it was only in the basement. However this summer I remodeled my kitchen and an adjacent back foyer and bath, and moved two radiators around in the process and also brought up the radiator (that didn't work)from the basement. I completed everything a couple weeks ago and fired up the boiler. Every radiator heated great except one in the front living room -- I never did anything with this one. SO I drained the whole system and dismantled both (feed and return) small section of piping to that radator expecting to find a plug. Nothing. I replumbed it, filled the system back up, and re-fired the boiler. Now, the two back radiators (off the kitchen) that I relocated over the summer aren't heating up. (however the one I brought up fron the basement is working fine.) I tried to bleed them of air... no air. I even bled five gallons out of one radiator hoping to unearth a big air pocket... nothing.
Now, I am wondering, ever since I got the new boiler three years ago, at least one radiator hasn't worked (up until now it was the one in the basement). Could it be that the pump on the new boiler is too small?? Maybe it doesn't have the pressure/flow to supply water to all radiators at one time?? I tried to test this theory and shut off sever radiators to see if I could divert the water to the radiators that aren't working... nothing still. I'm completely stumped. It's driving me mad. Someone please help me. I can't afford to call in a heating cooling contractor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes