I have been using a small, portable dehumidifier in my bathroom during/after taking a shower as an alternative to using the exhaust fan. It appears to be a better solution than venting conditioned air out, except that I have to place the unit on my vanity and have to manually dump the catch bin. I would love to install a permanent, ceiling-mount dehumidifier that is tied to the waste plumbing system, but cannot for the life of me find one. Thoughts/suggestions?
Ah, that explains it. I didn't make the connection because the air in the room stayed warm and had forgotten that it takes power to cool the coil so that the moisture can condense and be removed. I didn't realize that a dehumidifier has a heating coil as well, but since I have baseboard heating in my house, that part is a wash, anyway. Thanks for setting me straight.
Dehumidifiers are better than exhaust fan due to its capability to pure air. There are a lot of portable and mounted dehumidifier in the market. But, after using mounted dehumidifier, it's not so difficult to remove it after one year. Folks can use mounted mini dehumidifier for one year and its simple to shift it into another place.
This is exactly what I need as well. We have a high quality fan but it just doesn't get things dried out fast enough. I expect there are a lot of people with tiled showers who need them to dry out faster in order to prevent mold. There is no room for a big ugly unit to sit on the floor in the bathroom. A ceiling mounted unit would be perfect.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!