I have been using a small, portable dehumidifier in my bathroom during/after taking a shower as an alternative to using the exhaust fan. It appears to be a better solution than venting conditioned air out, except that I have to place the unit on my vanity and have to manually dump the catch bin. I would love to install a permanent, ceiling-mount dehumidifier that is tied to the waste plumbing system, but cannot for the life of me find one. Thoughts/suggestions?
Ah, that explains it. I didn't make the connection because the air in the room stayed warm and had forgotten that it takes power to cool the coil so that the moisture can condense and be removed. I didn't realize that a dehumidifier has a heating coil as well, but since I have baseboard heating in my house, that part is a wash, anyway. Thanks for setting me straight.
Dehumidifiers are better than exhaust fan due to its capability to pure air. There are a lot of portable and mounted dehumidifier in the market. But, after using mounted dehumidifier, it's not so difficult to remove it after one year. Folks can use mounted mini dehumidifier for one year and its simple to shift it into another place.
This is exactly what I need as well. We have a high quality fan but it just doesn't get things dried out fast enough. I expect there are a lot of people with tiled showers who need them to dry out faster in order to prevent mold. There is no room for a big ugly unit to sit on the floor in the bathroom. A ceiling mounted unit would be perfect.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects