Do microwave ovens have fuses in them? I have an old Tappan (at least 10 years old) and all of a sudden it went dead. Changed to another outlet and opened the only easy to open panel on back, but that was to change the light bulb. Should I take off the back and see what is there? All of a sudden my 15 year old house seems to have multiple little electrical problems. The famous garage door opener, the smoke alarm went off at 4:30 AM and there was no smoke, a three way lamp's socket burned out a year after I replace it, and now the microwave. Maybe things are getting old like me?
11:35PM | 07/19/99
Microwave ovens are dangerous.
a)They have sharp edges inside them. b)They have capacitors inside them. c)They emit MICROWAVES !