1910 farmhouse wiring
For you, and anyone else, I think my reply at The Plumbing Forum applies here too.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: It goes BEYOND just electrical and plumbing ...
No ignorance on your part. Just a poor 'elaboration' on my part. (I do so much typing on the Forum that I feel folks should be able to read my mind ... ) Anyways, ...
What I mean is that you need to look at the TOTAL house; not just the plumbing or electrical. That's what I meant by BEYOND electrical and plumbing. In other words, if your 'concerns' are in those 2 areas now, what about things like insulation, roofing, 'cracks', and so on.
I hope this helps. My best to ya.
Jay J -Moderator
You might ask about this,before you buy the house...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!