I am finishing off the attic for office / bedroom space. I require 220v for two baseboard heaters and 110v for a few other circuits for receptacles and lighting. I plan to install a new 60 amp double pole breaker in the 200 amp main panel to feed a new sub panel upstairs. My question is what gauge of wire to use. An electrician where I work suggested a multi-cable with #8 wire. Does this sound correct? Also I'm installing a 100 amp panel because they are abundant and cheap at the home centers although larger than I need. Should I feed it with 100 amps even though this is overkill. I plan on having a licensed electrician look it over but want to save $$ on the grunt work and materials markup. Thanks
60 amp panel is more than enough. Run a 6/3 (with ground) sheathed electrical cable to feed the panel. This is a general answer local codes will vary depending on your location.
Rough Inspection Questions....Please Help...
Ceiling Fan Wiring, 2 hots
upgrade sub panel
Calif - Can I use flex conduit to subpanel inside ga...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!