Number of Outlets Per Circuit
There is no max on the number of receptacles on the circuit. However a max of 10 to 12 is preferrable, and I would lower it with the fridge. IMO the fridge should be on a dedicated 20 A circuit, although not required by the NEC. You're only going to power the fridge and an entrtainment center now, but what about tomorrow when you add the computer and the printers and the...
Could you reference "gfci is required on all recepticles on concrete floors"? Is it local? I know of no requirement for such. The NEC requires GFCI's in unfinished basements (areas or parts of basements that are not intended as habitable and limited to storage areas,works areas and the such).
I do however agree that to put the fridge on a dedicated circuit (not GFCI) and split the others onto 2 circuits is a good idea. But, I still recommend using 20 amp circuits with 12 ga wire.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING