I would like to run wire from our electrical panel under the lawn out to a garden area. I would like to put up about 4 seperate plugin outlets along with the ability to power a pond. I am entirely new to this and if this info helps i am in san jose california. Any input would be gladly appreciated. Some questions.... What kind of wire do i need to run how deep in conduit or not what kind of conduit if i must do i need to run a seperate wire for the pond??????????? I am willing to hire an electrician to hook it all up but figured i could dig the ditch(s) and lay the wire to minimize costs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Sounds like what you should do first is call an electrician to give you a free quote. He can tell you the codes for depth etc.. I would leave ALL the wiring up to him. In fact, I don't think an electrician would touch anything that you had put together just because of liability reasons. Hope this helps
Thanks for that, I pretty much figured that would be the case. I was primarily hoping to dig the trenches for the most part so they would not have to spend my money for such a time consuming part!@!lol Then i figured well if i could might as well run the wire and and let them hook it up lol ...thanks for the info!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!