I have a gas stove I want to change to an electric one. The wiring is there for the electric stove but not the 3 way plug. Will this be difficult to do?
As long as the stove fits the cutout it should be no problem. If you can draw a picture of the outlet configuration, the stove dealer can match you up with the right outlet connectors that wire directly into the new unit. The new unit will come with complete directions for wiring. If you have questions on removing the old unit, or have problems, post back, and be sure to include model numbers.
Thanks for the responses. I'm rethinking my position here now. My wife likes the prettiness of the smoothtop but says herself the gas cooks more evenly and quicker than an electric stove. I agree but the biggest complaint is how the gas oven heats up the house. Friends and coworkers think I'm crazy to want to switch to electric from gas. K2, that post was very informative. Made me think on differences between the two. May just keep what I have, its a nice stove, just hate the heating of the house that comes with turning on the oven.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes