Are there any siding companies who make siding in colors other than the basic grey, tan, cream, etc.? (ie, for a colorful victorian look)???
I am having this same problem. I recently had my hip roof turned into a gable top and wanted to put a forest green siding over the gable ends. I currently have an 8" light beige steel siding on the rest of the house. Unfortunately the only forest green I could find was seamless installed by a contractor, or a double 5" pattern from a building supply store. The contractor wanted $2000 just for the gables(less than 2 square). The rest of the house only cost $3000. So I'm going with the double 5" for about $350, which had to be ordered with a 3 week wait. It was explained to me that a lot of darker colors tend to warp and bow, do to climate changes, so the siding companys stopped making them. I was also told that the siding companies have a deal with installers of seamless siding that they will NOT run off pieces, but must install it themselves. The only suggestion I can give is to call various siding contractors, lumber yards, home improvement centers, and building supply stores in your area. I found mine at the last store I expected to. Check out www.edcoproducts.com they have 13 different colors available for metal siding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes