Are there any siding companies who make siding in colors other than the basic grey, tan, cream, etc.? (ie, for a colorful victorian look)???
I am having this same problem. I recently had my hip roof turned into a gable top and wanted to put a forest green siding over the gable ends. I currently have an 8" light beige steel siding on the rest of the house. Unfortunately the only forest green I could find was seamless installed by a contractor, or a double 5" pattern from a building supply store. The contractor wanted $2000 just for the gables(less than 2 square). The rest of the house only cost $3000. So I'm going with the double 5" for about $350, which had to be ordered with a 3 week wait. It was explained to me that a lot of darker colors tend to warp and bow, do to climate changes, so the siding companys stopped making them. I was also told that the siding companies have a deal with installers of seamless siding that they will NOT run off pieces, but must install it themselves. The only suggestion I can give is to call various siding contractors, lumber yards, home improvement centers, and building supply stores in your area. I found mine at the last store I expected to. Check out www.edcoproducts.com they have 13 different colors available for metal siding.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight