Are there any siding companies who make siding in colors other than the basic grey, tan, cream, etc.? (ie, for a colorful victorian look)???
I am having this same problem. I recently had my hip roof turned into a gable top and wanted to put a forest green siding over the gable ends. I currently have an 8" light beige steel siding on the rest of the house. Unfortunately the only forest green I could find was seamless installed by a contractor, or a double 5" pattern from a building supply store. The contractor wanted $2000 just for the gables(less than 2 square). The rest of the house only cost $3000. So I'm going with the double 5" for about $350, which had to be ordered with a 3 week wait. It was explained to me that a lot of darker colors tend to warp and bow, do to climate changes, so the siding companys stopped making them. I was also told that the siding companies have a deal with installers of seamless siding that they will NOT run off pieces, but must install it themselves. The only suggestion I can give is to call various siding contractors, lumber yards, home improvement centers, and building supply stores in your area. I found mine at the last store I expected to. Check out www.edcoproducts.com they have 13 different colors available for metal siding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!