vinyl siding starter
I'm OK with the 'situation' but I'm unclear as to the problem. You need to start w/a Starter Strip, assuming that this 'location' is the LOWEST point you're installing the siding. If it's NOT the lowest point, you use the Starter Strip at that point, and at the ledge, you simply 'continue' the job w/J-channel.
If you mean you want to start the job 'flush' W/O a Starter Strip, you don't want to do that because the 1st piece of vinyl needs a way to 'grab' onto the 'top' of the ledge. That's what the Strip allows the 1st piece of vinyl to look like it's doing that.
I guess it would be good to know how you were going to install it and how you might think you'd like to start it.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!