Does anyone have any experience with a product called Multi-Gard R-20?
I was looking at its purported virtues. All I can find are sites that sell the product so that kind of negates the value of their "studies" and claims.
If it helps anyone who may have used it, or know someone who has used it, it goes by the trade name Multi-Gard R-20 and is made by Kryton http://www.kryton.com and sold by a few sources. They say the product has been tested by: Reichhold Chemicals Limited, Central Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Data Coupilation Controls, Div. of Con Tech Testing ctd. but I do not know anything about them.
If the product works as advertised, it is applied to the outside like "liquid siding" or "liquid stucco" ans can be applied to any surface but glass and something else but is suposed to be good for concrete, siding, metal, things like that. they apparently clean the surfaces to be applied, then apply a layer of primer followed by a layer of the microscopic spheres which are supposed to provide an R-20 value of insulation. They then paint that with whatever color you want. They claim to warrant it for 25 years.
They say it is the same type of stuff used on the space shuttle and has been used on lighthouses for years.
If anyone knows anyone who has actually used this stuff, I am sure it would be nice for those who might be considering it as well as for those who didn't know of it and might want to consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!