Does anyone have any experience with a product called Multi-Gard R-20?
I was looking at its purported virtues. All I can find are sites that sell the product so that kind of negates the value of their "studies" and claims.
If it helps anyone who may have used it, or know someone who has used it, it goes by the trade name Multi-Gard R-20 and is made by Kryton http://www.kryton.com and sold by a few sources. They say the product has been tested by: Reichhold Chemicals Limited, Central Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Data Coupilation Controls, Div. of Con Tech Testing ctd. but I do not know anything about them.
If the product works as advertised, it is applied to the outside like "liquid siding" or "liquid stucco" ans can be applied to any surface but glass and something else but is suposed to be good for concrete, siding, metal, things like that. they apparently clean the surfaces to be applied, then apply a layer of primer followed by a layer of the microscopic spheres which are supposed to provide an R-20 value of insulation. They then paint that with whatever color you want. They claim to warrant it for 25 years.
They say it is the same type of stuff used on the space shuttle and has been used on lighthouses for years.
If anyone knows anyone who has actually used this stuff, I am sure it would be nice for those who might be considering it as well as for those who didn't know of it and might want to consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!