Does anyone have any experience with a product called Multi-Gard R-20?
I was looking at its purported virtues. All I can find are sites that sell the product so that kind of negates the value of their "studies" and claims.
If it helps anyone who may have used it, or know someone who has used it, it goes by the trade name Multi-Gard R-20 and is made by Kryton http://www.kryton.com and sold by a few sources. They say the product has been tested by: Reichhold Chemicals Limited, Central Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Data Coupilation Controls, Div. of Con Tech Testing ctd. but I do not know anything about them.
If the product works as advertised, it is applied to the outside like "liquid siding" or "liquid stucco" ans can be applied to any surface but glass and something else but is suposed to be good for concrete, siding, metal, things like that. they apparently clean the surfaces to be applied, then apply a layer of primer followed by a layer of the microscopic spheres which are supposed to provide an R-20 value of insulation. They then paint that with whatever color you want. They claim to warrant it for 25 years.
They say it is the same type of stuff used on the space shuttle and has been used on lighthouses for years.
If anyone knows anyone who has actually used this stuff, I am sure it would be nice for those who might be considering it as well as for those who didn't know of it and might want to consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!