Does anyone have any experience with a product called Multi-Gard R-20?
I was looking at its purported virtues. All I can find are sites that sell the product so that kind of negates the value of their "studies" and claims.
If it helps anyone who may have used it, or know someone who has used it, it goes by the trade name Multi-Gard R-20 and is made by Kryton http://www.kryton.com and sold by a few sources. They say the product has been tested by: Reichhold Chemicals Limited, Central Mortgage & Housing Corporation, Data Coupilation Controls, Div. of Con Tech Testing ctd. but I do not know anything about them.
If the product works as advertised, it is applied to the outside like "liquid siding" or "liquid stucco" ans can be applied to any surface but glass and something else but is suposed to be good for concrete, siding, metal, things like that. they apparently clean the surfaces to be applied, then apply a layer of primer followed by a layer of the microscopic spheres which are supposed to provide an R-20 value of insulation. They then paint that with whatever color you want. They claim to warrant it for 25 years.
They say it is the same type of stuff used on the space shuttle and has been used on lighthouses for years.
If anyone knows anyone who has actually used this stuff, I am sure it would be nice for those who might be considering it as well as for those who didn't know of it and might want to consider it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs