Leaky roof around skylight
Did the new unit come with flashing for the "top" side? I have some skylights that were professionally installed. They have different flashing kits to use, depending on which way the skylight is installed - long side up, or short side up.
I use geo-seal..its 100% silicone...dont use tar or roofing cement...it will only last a few years then crack.
If the skylight was roofed right the first time you would need any silicone at all...good luck....usualy to get a roofer to come out and fix that its starts at 300.00 and goes up....
If you have a new sub-divison around you go there and find a roofer that is working on a new const house...where is only 1 or 2 guy..these are usualy the roofers just starting there company...you can get a good roofer there for a cheaper price..
Good luck, if you have any more questions you can email me and I would be glad to help you
I dont come here too often so it might be better to email me if you have additional questions
Leaky Flat roof
Impact to roof integrity due to loss of gravel on sh...
Roof leaking around chimney
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!