How can I safely remove latex paint from my automobile? A house was spray painted with latex paint and the over spray was carried by the wind and is all over my car.
You need to find out who painted that house and contact them so that they can have their insurance company take care of it.
A small amount you can use Goof-Off (home center).......Lots-o-paint: take the car to a detail shop and send the bill to the sloppy painter (as mentioned above)
Fortunately, airborne paint will have been partially dry when it hit your car (vs. a "direct hit", so to speak), so they shouldn't be too difficult to remove. A good buffing out by a detail shop would probably take care of it. I'd be careful with Goof Off--try it inside a door first to make sure it won't harm your car's paint. (Then paint specks would be the least of your problem!) But like everyone else said, find that painter!
-= N =-
-= N =-
I had a similar problem with my car, White Latex all over it. The paint had been on the surface for about 2 weeks. I tried to buff it with a mild rubbing compound didn't work. The best item I found was Mothers Detailing Clay. The stuff is amazing. With some elbow grease and 6 hrs of time I had all the paint off and a smooth finish too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!