How do I do this?? I want them to be off-white with a distressed look...kind of an old country look...
This may seem "out there" but , use chains, a hammer, razor, ( to cut small pieces out ) and have at it. Just lightly hit the chain across the cabinets , and /or side hit them with a hammer, ( not like you are hammering in a nail or anything) Thats what distressing means. You may want to practice on a different piece of wood before going at it on you're cabinets!
Also , if you are going to paint them , since you want them off white, thats a whole process in itself. They have to be cleaned/washed ,TSP is best ( any hardware) , sanded down,,,oil primed, latex or oil painted, then a top coat of poly (2 or 3 coats ) recommended to protect the finish. Distress them of course right before you prime and paint them. When using polyurethane , use a WATER based poly , not oil. Oil based tends to yellow after a bit , where as water based won't( water based is creamy white out of the can, but dries clear)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes