How do I do this?? I want them to be off-white with a distressed look...kind of an old country look...
This may seem "out there" but , use chains, a hammer, razor, ( to cut small pieces out ) and have at it. Just lightly hit the chain across the cabinets , and /or side hit them with a hammer, ( not like you are hammering in a nail or anything) Thats what distressing means. You may want to practice on a different piece of wood before going at it on you're cabinets!
Also , if you are going to paint them , since you want them off white, thats a whole process in itself. They have to be cleaned/washed ,TSP is best ( any hardware) , sanded down,,,oil primed, latex or oil painted, then a top coat of poly (2 or 3 coats ) recommended to protect the finish. Distress them of course right before you prime and paint them. When using polyurethane , use a WATER based poly , not oil. Oil based tends to yellow after a bit , where as water based won't( water based is creamy white out of the can, but dries clear)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!