removal of lead paint ?!
HELP! We are buying a 1940s house with some chipping and peeling lead paint. The EPA recommends an NIOSH certified HEPA filtered mask which is very expensive to invest in for a one time use. I want a mask with an eye shield too. Also, EPA says to 'wet sand' and 'wet scrape' which I guess is just mist with a water bottle then sand and scrape. Help! Thanks!
We just bought an older home, and the county in which we live provides a free lead paint removal kit (does not provide the HEPA mask but does have other useful tools) and they lend HEPA vacuums for use in getting all lead based dust out of your home. Check with your county or city and see if they provide any services to assist the removal of paint.
You can remove the lead paint easily and safely using the PEEL AWAY I product which will do it in one application. The system is always keeping the paint in a wet or damp state so there is no airborne lead dust. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com for more info on lead paint removal.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes