removal of lead paint ?!
HELP! We are buying a 1940s house with some chipping and peeling lead paint. The EPA recommends an NIOSH certified HEPA filtered mask which is very expensive to invest in for a one time use. I want a mask with an eye shield too. Also, EPA says to 'wet sand' and 'wet scrape' which I guess is just mist with a water bottle then sand and scrape. Help! Thanks!
We just bought an older home, and the county in which we live provides a free lead paint removal kit (does not provide the HEPA mask but does have other useful tools) and they lend HEPA vacuums for use in getting all lead based dust out of your home. Check with your county or city and see if they provide any services to assist the removal of paint.
You can remove the lead paint easily and safely using the PEEL AWAY I product which will do it in one application. The system is always keeping the paint in a wet or damp state so there is no airborne lead dust. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com for more info on lead paint removal.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!