removal of lead paint ?!
HELP! We are buying a 1940s house with some chipping and peeling lead paint. The EPA recommends an NIOSH certified HEPA filtered mask which is very expensive to invest in for a one time use. I want a mask with an eye shield too. Also, EPA says to 'wet sand' and 'wet scrape' which I guess is just mist with a water bottle then sand and scrape. Help! Thanks!
We just bought an older home, and the county in which we live provides a free lead paint removal kit (does not provide the HEPA mask but does have other useful tools) and they lend HEPA vacuums for use in getting all lead based dust out of your home. Check with your county or city and see if they provide any services to assist the removal of paint.
You can remove the lead paint easily and safely using the PEEL AWAY I product which will do it in one application. The system is always keeping the paint in a wet or damp state so there is no airborne lead dust. Visit the web site at www.peelaway.com for more info on lead paint removal.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?