In 2001, I bought Behr Plus 10 Semi Transparent Stain to restain my house after it had been pressure-washed. Although this Behr products claims to contain mildewcide, it actually promoted the growth of mildew after it had been on for several months. What is the best method to remove the mildew and this product without breaking the piggy bank and/or destroying the wood siding?
I doubt the Behr promoted mildew on your house as the most likely cause is the mildew was not removed when the house was washed. Most people when they wash a house don't do it properly as the cleaner which is bleach and some type of detergent is not left on the surface long enough to kill the mildew, and that is at least 20 minutes maybe longer depending on how bad it is. It is going to be hard to get rid of the mildew now as you have stained over but you should try the Jomax product as this does a great job of removing the mildew. You could do this yourself as it just involves a pump up garden sprayer and a garden hose.
Removing wood filler?
how to remove staples from hardwood & refinishing te...
Permanent Marker stain on Oak table
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight