In 2001, I bought Behr Plus 10 Semi Transparent Stain to restain my house after it had been pressure-washed. Although this Behr products claims to contain mildewcide, it actually promoted the growth of mildew after it had been on for several months. What is the best method to remove the mildew and this product without breaking the piggy bank and/or destroying the wood siding?
I doubt the Behr promoted mildew on your house as the most likely cause is the mildew was not removed when the house was washed. Most people when they wash a house don't do it properly as the cleaner which is bleach and some type of detergent is not left on the surface long enough to kill the mildew, and that is at least 20 minutes maybe longer depending on how bad it is. It is going to be hard to get rid of the mildew now as you have stained over but you should try the Jomax product as this does a great job of removing the mildew. You could do this yourself as it just involves a pump up garden sprayer and a garden hose.
Removing wood filler?
how to remove staples from hardwood & refinishing te...
Permanent Marker stain on Oak table
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!