I have some green vinyl blinds hanging in my bedroom windows. I went with a darker color in order to block the sun which shines very brightly in my room.
I needed to block some of that light out of my face. I am in the process of getting ready to remodel my bedroom and I want to know if I can paint my blinds a lighter color to coincide with my new paint and drapes?
Please help me I am desparate, I don't want to have to purchase another set of blinds or do you have a better solution that is more economical.
I would say that you should buy new blinds. Thre are paints that will stick to plastic/vinyl but as thin as blinds are I feel that with the bending, that paint will start to peel off rather quickly.
Thanks so I guess there is not another economical solution to this problem huh? Well thanks anyway good advice.
I'd have to agree with the post above, buying new blinds could be your best option. New blinds don't have to be too expensive I have found mini blinds and vertical blinds to be pretty cheap. I found some links that have good prices if you do decide to get new blinds: vertical blinds &
As an interior designer, I would suggest mini blinds as an affordable suggestion! Take a look at these from my favorite window treatment website. They are dirt cheap!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees