I have some green vinyl blinds hanging in my bedroom windows. I went with a darker color in order to block the sun which shines very brightly in my room.
I needed to block some of that light out of my face. I am in the process of getting ready to remodel my bedroom and I want to know if I can paint my blinds a lighter color to coincide with my new paint and drapes?
Please help me I am desparate, I don't want to have to purchase another set of blinds or do you have a better solution that is more economical.
I would say that you should buy new blinds. Thre are paints that will stick to plastic/vinyl but as thin as blinds are I feel that with the bending, that paint will start to peel off rather quickly.
Thanks so I guess there is not another economical solution to this problem huh? Well thanks anyway good advice.
I'd have to agree with the post above, buying new blinds could be your best option. New blinds don't have to be too expensive I have found mini blinds and vertical blinds to be pretty cheap. I found some links that have good prices if you do decide to get new blinds: vertical blinds &
As an interior designer, I would suggest mini blinds as an affordable suggestion! Take a look at these from my favorite window treatment website. They are dirt cheap!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!