Roofing a new home
at a 12/12 pitch.
Now Im not sure which roof I should shingle
first...maybe it doesnt make a diffrence with such steep pitches.
If the shingles are plain old three tab and you are lapping the valley, then do the side with the lower pitch first.
Architectural shingles or wood shingles do not lend themselves to lapped valleys or to weaving. With this kind of shingle, you need a metal valley with any pitch. But with multipole pitches, you need to have the valley metal made up at a sheet metal shop in a "W" style. this has a peak bent into it in the center to divert water. The diverter is needed when multiple pitches shed water at differing amounts or velocities.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love