Roofing a new home
at a 12/12 pitch.
Now Im not sure which roof I should shingle
first...maybe it doesnt make a diffrence with such steep pitches.
If the shingles are plain old three tab and you are lapping the valley, then do the side with the lower pitch first.
Architectural shingles or wood shingles do not lend themselves to lapped valleys or to weaving. With this kind of shingle, you need a metal valley with any pitch. But with multipole pitches, you need to have the valley metal made up at a sheet metal shop in a "W" style. this has a peak bent into it in the center to divert water. The diverter is needed when multiple pitches shed water at differing amounts or velocities.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers