Becareful it is usually used by experienced contractors and sets up very fast to allow grouting to be done within 2-3 hrs and traffic in 6.
Depending on the layout you have chosen be wary of mixing too much mortar at a time.
I had a modified offset pattern with 3 different sizes of tiles, with random mosaic tiles. The speedset worked well to do portions of the kitchen that I wanted to get tiled & grouted quickly so I could move the heavt appliances back into place so I would not have to them out of place/commission for too long (fridge/freezer) and as I did not want to have to move them totally out of the kitchen/dining area while I completed the floor.
Good Luck. This was my first tiling project, 250 sq feet and was hard on my knees, but it was well worth it. My husband still cannot beleieve that I did it. Plus I saved a ton in labor costs!!!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if I can help further.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
Ceramic Tile over Concrete
Should we cut the door jambs?
Laying ceramic tile over linoleum
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers