My husband and I bought a house recently and the terrazzo tile floor in the living room has the residue of one of those "mesh," rubber, under-rug pads. The residue is so thick that you can see the raised pattern of the pad. What is the best way to remove it? Should I scrape it off or use some kind of chemical to help? Is this something best left to professionals? Thanks.
Scrape surface residue off as best you can,then follow up by wiping with mineral spirits.Continue until the cloth no longer picks-up soil.If the terrazzo has floor finish on it,you'll need to remove that as well using straight ammonia.Allow ammonia to pool and set 5-10 mins. before scrubbing with an abrasive pad.Because of porosity,the stain may have been absorbed well into the stone and may be permanent.
Removing old carpet pad...
Suggestions needed for non-rubber / latex back low p...
Rug pads - which type
what to do with my flat roof
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes