How do you know it's Voles? The critters could be Moles or even snakes for that matter. Even skunks can't be ruled out.
The first suggestion is to visit the Nursery or Home Center, and start reading the 'bags' of Killer Products on the shelf to see which product BEST describes what you're seeing in lawns. For example, both Moles and Voles dig tunnels but Moles (I think) leave 'volcano-looking' entrances. In short, if you can rid the area of the lawn in question of the critter's food source, they'll leave to find a new source.
I've read that things like Castor Oil mixes and 'sonic vibrators' don't work, so stear clear of those ideas (unless you've tried EVERYTHING else and are desperate. Then, you have nothing to lose.) Visit Google.com and start reading. From there, go to the Store(s) and see if you can find something to help.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!