How do you know it's Voles? The critters could be Moles or even snakes for that matter. Even skunks can't be ruled out.
The first suggestion is to visit the Nursery or Home Center, and start reading the 'bags' of Killer Products on the shelf to see which product BEST describes what you're seeing in lawns. For example, both Moles and Voles dig tunnels but Moles (I think) leave 'volcano-looking' entrances. In short, if you can rid the area of the lawn in question of the critter's food source, they'll leave to find a new source.
I've read that things like Castor Oil mixes and 'sonic vibrators' don't work, so stear clear of those ideas (unless you've tried EVERYTHING else and are desperate. Then, you have nothing to lose.) Visit Google.com and start reading. From there, go to the Store(s) and see if you can find something to help.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
slate steps outside
Need Daltile French Quarter Cobblestone
The 24th China International Ceramic & Bathroom Fair...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?