How do you know it's Voles? The critters could be Moles or even snakes for that matter. Even skunks can't be ruled out.
The first suggestion is to visit the Nursery or Home Center, and start reading the 'bags' of Killer Products on the shelf to see which product BEST describes what you're seeing in lawns. For example, both Moles and Voles dig tunnels but Moles (I think) leave 'volcano-looking' entrances. In short, if you can rid the area of the lawn in question of the critter's food source, they'll leave to find a new source.
I've read that things like Castor Oil mixes and 'sonic vibrators' don't work, so stear clear of those ideas (unless you've tried EVERYTHING else and are desperate. Then, you have nothing to lose.) Visit Google.com and start reading. From there, go to the Store(s) and see if you can find something to help.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
Heat furnace removal
Which System 2000 are they referring to an Ek-1 or t...
Bob Vila's Home Design software
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps