How do you know it's Voles? The critters could be Moles or even snakes for that matter. Even skunks can't be ruled out.
The first suggestion is to visit the Nursery or Home Center, and start reading the 'bags' of Killer Products on the shelf to see which product BEST describes what you're seeing in lawns. For example, both Moles and Voles dig tunnels but Moles (I think) leave 'volcano-looking' entrances. In short, if you can rid the area of the lawn in question of the critter's food source, they'll leave to find a new source.
I've read that things like Castor Oil mixes and 'sonic vibrators' don't work, so stear clear of those ideas (unless you've tried EVERYTHING else and are desperate. Then, you have nothing to lose.) Visit Google.com and start reading. From there, go to the Store(s) and see if you can find something to help.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes