Cracked Grout - Brand New Tile Floor
Can anyone explain why the grout surrounding a brand new kitchen and bath floor (12 x 12 size tiles), would crack in every direction (vertically and horizontally)? Is it the subfloor, or the grout? How will it be repaired?
Had the exact problem in my home (new construction. The builder refused to do anything about the problem-had to sue him. We were told by the independent flooring expert that we hired that the underlayment was inadequate both in material and depth;the mortar used was not mixed with the proper latex additive; the underlayment was improperly affixed to the subfloor (they used staples instead of screws). We had the entire floor removed 600 sq.ft. and replaced. The good news was that it was so poorly installed we did not damage the subfloor when it was torn up. Hope you do not have the same luck that we had with our builder. A reputable builder/installer would have fixed the problem at their expense.
permanent marker stains on hardwoodfloor
Need help to increase the coefficient of friction on...
HELP Please! new tile floor/toilet installation ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes