I am about to begin my Sliding Patio Door Replacement, however I have (2) questions:
(1) It is my understanding that you cannot flash directly over the new style Pressure Treated Lumber with Aluminum Flashing, as the HIGH Alkaline content of the new formulation will corrode the aluminum. How do I flash over this new stuff and avoid the corrosion issue?
(2) It was recommended to me to use a Polyurethene Construction Adhesive to seal the new Door Frame. I was told this will hold a seal longer than Silicone Rubber. Is this correct? ... and what type is recommended if correct.
Composite vs. pressure treated wood
How do I Flash over the New Type Pressure Treated Wood?
Vinyl Replacement Window Installation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!