Anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about patching a hole I accidentally drilled through my mothers roof without having to cut in a new section of roof? It goes all the way from the inside ceiling to the exposed outer surface. I'm not worried about the ceiling (that was needed) just the roofing plywood and shingle (that was not needed).
See a snap shot here:
go to the big box store and get one piece of alum step flashing..it till be L shaped and cost about .30 cents...take a hammer and beat the bend out of it making it a flat piece of metal. Take a small flat prybar and break the seal of the shingle tab that you drilled the hole thru...slide the alum up untill it covers the hole...apply 100% silicone ontop of the alum piece and under the shingle tab then press firmly....
if you have a coke can, you can use it for the aluminum for the patch ( beer can will also work ) :o)
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight