Anybody have any suggestions as to how to go about patching a hole I accidentally drilled through my mothers roof without having to cut in a new section of roof? It goes all the way from the inside ceiling to the exposed outer surface. I'm not worried about the ceiling (that was needed) just the roofing plywood and shingle (that was not needed).
See a snap shot here:
go to the big box store and get one piece of alum step flashing..it till be L shaped and cost about .30 cents...take a hammer and beat the bend out of it making it a flat piece of metal. Take a small flat prybar and break the seal of the shingle tab that you drilled the hole thru...slide the alum up untill it covers the hole...apply 100% silicone ontop of the alum piece and under the shingle tab then press firmly....
if you have a coke can, you can use it for the aluminum for the patch ( beer can will also work ) :o)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!