Hello, everyone. I would appreciate any input on my flooring issue. We just built a new house and the main area contains laminate flooring - specifically, Balterio Authentic Style. We have not moved in and there are numerous scratches on the floor. They are not surface scratches, either. We are very disappointed, as this brand had an AC4 rating which is commercial wear. In our previous home we had Wilsonart Classic (AC3), which withstood much rougher treatment (one scratch in 5 years).
My concern is that I don't believe this flooring will last more than one year. Is is possible to seal it with polyurethane? The flooring is embossed, will the polyurethane fill in the grooves and make a mess? Is there something else that we can do to protect the surface?
I would really appreciate any advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!