Hello, everyone. I would appreciate any input on my flooring issue. We just built a new house and the main area contains laminate flooring - specifically, Balterio Authentic Style. We have not moved in and there are numerous scratches on the floor. They are not surface scratches, either. We are very disappointed, as this brand had an AC4 rating which is commercial wear. In our previous home we had Wilsonart Classic (AC3), which withstood much rougher treatment (one scratch in 5 years).
My concern is that I don't believe this flooring will last more than one year. Is is possible to seal it with polyurethane? The flooring is embossed, will the polyurethane fill in the grooves and make a mess? Is there something else that we can do to protect the surface?
I would really appreciate any advice.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!