Like many oily woods, Cumaru (Brazilian Teak) is very difficult to dry properly. While a proper pin meter will give what would normally be an accurate reading on many species, it doesn't take into account oils that are deep within the plank. Over time this oil migrates through the wood and right out of it, in fact. So the wood has lost "moisture" in a manner of speaking. It has therefore dried and shrunk. A normal moisture reading taken at install wouldn't have been accurate anyway.
We have had experience with this and many other oily species and most are bad news. Just because it's wood and makes a pretty floor doesn't mean it should be used that way.
I've been a installer for L.L. For md my years . The majority of everything they sell has issues at one time or another. Most of their wood is shipped in from CHINA by boat . Moisture content , quality control , and .... Are just a handful of the reasons for poor product. Inspectors that come out and inspect your floors are for the Corporation that sells the wood flooring and etc.. Inspectors will either blame on installer issue or customer issue ( they will write up report against one or both ). They will always say it's not a product warranty issue ! A inspector make great money and are busy 24/7 ( some get free travel as well ). They make their money by protecting the wood floor manufacturers ( it's like a insurance policy for them ). They can also change their inspection sheets just by talking to the corporate power even though one has already been submitted .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes