The Best Kitchen Appliance Brands of 2023
Fully upgrade the kitchen or pick and choose which appliances need to be replaced with this list of top kitchen appliance brands.
The kitchen is home to numerous handy appliances, including the refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, stove, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, coffee maker, espresso machine, air fryer, Instant Pot, waffle maker, and more. These innovative devices are a big part of our daily and nightly routines, from brewing a fresh cup of coffee to meal prepping for the week. So when it comes to replacing or upgrading one of these seemingly irreplaceable appliances, it’s important to find a brand that you can rely on day in and day out to help make your time in the kitchen as easy and enjoyable as possible.
But before scouring the aisles of the nearest department store, consider the product’s features to ensure that the new appliance will make a suitable replacement. Smart dishwashers, for example, have Wi-Fi connectivity and may offer voice control via a virtual home assistant, like Amazon’s Alexa. Keep in mind that products with more advanced features also come with a higher price tag—so if affordability is an important factor, it may be best to stick to a basic yet efficient model.
Performance may be impacted by the brand and the function of the appliance. For example, one brand may excel in the manufacturing and distribution of refrigerators, while another brand specializes in smaller countertop appliances, such as toasters or microwaves. Take the time to think about which features you can’t live without, then review the list below to find the best kitchen appliance brands for your kitchen.
About the Brand: This Germany-based company specializes in appliances and electronics for the home. From entertainment systems to refrigerators, Bosch has a product to fit. Bosch’s products are best known for their sleek and functional designs.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
Bosch is a high-end manufacturer and distributor of home electronics and appliances. The company currently operates out of Germany, where it was founded in 1886. Bosch didn’t establish itself as a successful international brand until the founder, Robert Bosch, passed away in 1942. This was primarily due to tensions rising in Europe preceding and following WWI and WWII, but since that time the company has expanded to become an international name that now operates facilities throughout the world, including a U.S.-based headquarters in Michigan.
Quality comes with a price tag, and because Bosch isn’t known for cutting corners, consumers may pay a higher price for Bosch kitchen appliances. The company is also known to invest in high-tech, innovative upgrades, like precision washing systems, automatic air-dry functions, climate-controlled refrigerator drawers, and WiFi-enabled appliances that can be set or adjusted with a mobile device. However, it’s Bosch’s sense of style that has made it a standout brand among competitors. Bosch products look great, regardless of their features.
- Bosch 800 Series French 4-Door Refrigerator: Equipped with preprogrammed temperature and humidity settings to calibrate the optimal environment for various types of food, this Bosch B36CL80ENS refrigerator is an excellent appliance upgrade that looks great and provides users with a total storage capacity of 21 cubic feet. Get Bosch 800 Series French 4 Door Refrigerator at The Home Depot for $3,499
- Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher: Equipped with the brand’s PrecisionWash technology and AutoAir that releases the door after a wash cycle is complete to let moisture escape, the 500 Series dishwasher operates at a quiet 44 decibels and has a flexible third rack. Get the Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $1,000
Shop for more Bosch kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Danby doesn’t try to compete with the larger brands; instead, this company focuses on providing consumers with affordable prices by specializing in smaller appliances for apartments and small spaces. Danby is the brand to look to for niche kitchen appliances, like chest freezers and wine coolers.
Price Range: $ to $$
Danby was founded in 1947 as a small-appliance manufacturer that focused on making hot plates, slow cookers, and (an early form of) the portable air conditioner. The Montreal-based start-up was successful enough to begin building the business and the reputation of the Danby brand. Soon, Danby products spread through Canada and the United States with headquarters in Guelph, Ontario, and locations in Arizona, Alabama, and Massachusetts.
Small appliances still remain a Danby specialty, including mini-refrigerators, apartment-size dishwashers, wine coolers, and chest freezers. While these appliances may not have the capacity to hold enough food for the average-size family or wash more than a half load of dishes at once, Danby appliances often are an ideal solution for single people and couples. Also, due to the small size of the appliances, Danby products are quite affordable.
- Danby Mini Fridge in Metallic Red: The midcentury style is a stunner in bold metallic red. It is a 4.4-cubic-foot refrigerator that has a black interior and a door with reversible door hinges. Get the Danby Mini Fridge in Metallic Red at The Home Depot for $343.19
- Danby 18″ Built-In Dishwasher: For those small spaces that need a dishwasher, this 18-inch-wide option is a solid choice with its Energy Star compliance, capacity to hold 10 place settings, four temperature settings, and delay start feature. Get the Danby 18″ Built-In Dishwasher at Walmart for $579
Shop for more Danby kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: While Fridigaire is now a U.S. subsidiary of Electrolux, this doesn’t change the amount of experience the company has in the field of kitchen appliance manufacturing and distribution. In fact, Frigidaire has been around for more than 100 years.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
The Frigidaire brand began in 1916 as the Guardian Frigerator Company in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Guardian Frigerator Company changed its name to Frigidaire when the company was bought by General Motors. Its impressive history of high-quality refrigerator manufacturing, which includes creating the first self-contained refrigerator back in 1918, has led to well-deserved recognition as one of the most reliable appliance brands on the market. While the Frigidaire brand has now become a U.S. subsidiary of the Stockholm, Sweden-based appliance company Electrolux, this hasn’t impacted the quality of the products or the reliability of Frigidaire’s customer service.
The Frigidaire name is so firmly established that, as late as the mid-1900s, the brand was so synonymous with refrigerators that many Americans referred to any refrigerator as a Frigidaire. The company produces a wide assortment of appliances from basic, budget-friendly options to high-end products equipped with cutting-edge features. This includes ranges, stovetops, ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, and more.
- Frigidaire Electric Range: This 30-inch 5.3-cubic-foot electric range in stainless steel has an electric cooktop with an expandable element, a storage drawer, and an over-door lock. Get the Frigidaire Electric Range at The Home Depot for $798
- Frigidaire Retro Mini Fridge in Blue: With an attached side bottle opener, .25-cubic-foot freezer, and slide-out shelves, this 3.2-cubic-foot retro fridge is made for stylish small spaces. Get the Frigidaire Retro Mini Fridge in Blue at The Home Depot for $80.97
Shop for more Frigidaire kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: GE Appliances is a midrange brand that chooses to put a high degree of effort and energy into producing long-lasting, reliable kitchen appliances that won’t break down or wear out after just a few years of regular use.
Price Range: $ to $$$
When Thomas Edison’s research was financed by Drexel Morgan & Co. in 1892, GE Appliances was born from the merger of the two companies—the original name was the Edison General Electric Company. The name was later shortened to General Electric and is now commonly referred to as GE or GE Appliances. The brand has been around for more than 100 years and remains one of the most popular kitchen appliance manufacturers in America.
To help ensure that its prices remain relatively low, GE focuses on the quality of the product in order to reduce breakdowns, malfunctioning equipment, and electric problems that could shorten the life of the appliance. The goal of producing long-lasting, durable products is furthered by the stain- and dent-resistant exteriors that keep the appliances looking great, even after years of use.
- GE Built-In Dishwasher: The durable GE Top Control Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher operates at 48 decibels and utilizes specialized bottle jets to ensure tall bottles, glasses, and stemware come out clean. Get the GE Built-In Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $764
- GE 30 in. 5.3 cu. ft. Electric Range and Air Fry: This electric range has an ample cooktop and large 5.3-cubic-foot oven. Plus, it doubles as an air fryer and has a convection oven option. Get the GE 30 in. 5.3 cu. ft. Electric Range and Air Fry at The Home Depot for $998
- GE 25.3 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator in Stainless: With a non-smudge stainless steel finish, this refrigerator has in-door water and ice dispensing, adjustable shelving, bonus freezer shelf, and FrostGuard technology to prevent frost on frozen foods. Get the GE 25.3 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Stainless at The Home Depot for $1,098
Shop for more GE kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Haier owns both GE and Café brands, but the company also makes its own line of kitchen appliances that appeal to the average person for their simple design and moderate price.
Price Range: $ to $$$
Haier was founded in 1984 as the Qingdao Refrigerator Co., but it grew quickly out of its China-based origins in both popularity and size, eventually acquiring GE’s appliance division in 2016. Through GE, Haier also owns the Café brand of appliances. Despite these acquisitions, the Haier brand still manufactures its own line of appliances that tend to have a more basic appearance than high-tech brands like Samsung or LG.
Haier appliances are made for simplicity and functionality, with clean exteriors and basic interiors. While they may lack many of the premium features offered by competitors, Haier appliances offer a reliable design and affordable price to their consumers. However, parts for Haier appliances aren’t as easy to find as domestic brands, so repairs can be costly.
- Haier Over the Range Microwave: The 1.4-cubic-foot size and 1,000 watts of cooking power ensure that meals can be heated up quickly and thoroughly. With the Haier HMV1472BHS over-the-range microwave, enjoy a meal within seconds of removing a microwave-safe plate. Get the Haier Over the Range Microwave at The Home Depot for $498
- Haier French Door Refrigerator: With recessed handles on the bottom freezer, this refrigerator has a minimalist look. Adjustable shelves, Sabbath mode, and two freezer drawers are among its features. Get the Haier French Door Refrigerator at The Home Depot for $998
Shop for more Haier kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Amana designs and manufactures affordable kitchen appliances, such as dishwashers, refrigerators, and ovens, to help budget-conscious families upgrade their kitchens without emptying their wallets.
Price Range: $ to $$
Founded in Iowa in 1934 as a commercial walk-in cooler company originally named The Electrical Equipment Co., Amana grew slowly as it gradually expanded the variety of products it offered, including the first upright freezer for the home. Since these modest beginnings, Amana has grown to be an internationally recognized appliance manufacturer. Now owned by the Whirlpool Corporation, Amana continues to create a wide range of inexpensive appliances, including furnaces, ovens, and dishwashers.
Amana’s appliances are built for budget-conscious individuals, so while the prices are relatively low, they don’t typically offer a lot of premium features, like Wi-Fi connectivity or a high-end aesthetic appearance. However, Amana appliances are more than capable of washing the dishes, heating food, or keeping food cold, so users can rely on Amana to create high-efficiency products at inexpensive prices, making them ideal for families on a budget.
- Amana Electric Range: This Amana AER6303MFS electric range has a large 4.8-cubic-foot oven with temperature presets to help inexperienced cooks choose the best settings for the meal they’re preparing, as well as a sleek black cooktop with four different burners. Get the Amana Electric Range at The Home Depot for $548
Shop for more Amana kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: After being in business for over a century, the KitchenAid appliance brand name has become incredibly well known as a reliable supplier of a wide variety of appliances, from dishwashers and microwaves to refrigerators, toasters, and ranges.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
This popular kitchen appliance brand was founded in 1919 by the Hobart Corporation, and it’s now owned by the Whirlpool Corporation. KitchenAid is based in the U.S., which allows the company to keep shipping and repair costs down for American consumers. KitchenAid’s affiliation with Whirlpool and its extensive range of products has made it possible for this brand to offer a wide assortment of sizes, styles, and features that are unavailable in some smaller brands.
KitchenAid’s most advanced products can get expensive, but the majority of KitchenAid appliances are midrange options with modest prices and high durability and reliability. The brand is known to manufacture and distribute stovetops, ovens, ranges, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers, toasters, and more; however, KitchenAid may not be the best option for high-tech features.
- KitchenAid Black Stainless Top Control Built-in Tall Tub Dishwasher : Customize the layout of the middle rack, top rack, and large third rack in this KitchenAid Top Control Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher to make it simple to clean any type of dishes from standard bowls to large pots without worrying about spacing. Get the KitchenAid Black Stainless Top Control Built-in Tall Tub Dishwasher for $1,214
- KitchenAid 36 in. Radiant Electric Cooktop: This cooktop offers a versatile set of burners and a cooking surface that’s wider than typical. A large triple-ring burner includes three cooking sizes: 12 inches, 9 inches, and 6 inches. Get the KitchenAid 36 in. Radiant Electric Cooktop at The Home Depot for $2,249
- KitchenAid 20.9 cu. ft. Built-In Bottom Freezer Refrigerator: This built-in side-by-side door fridge has an ice maker and water dispenser in the door and easy-slide glass shelving. Get the KitchenAid 20.9 cu. ft. Built-In Bottom Freezer Refrigerator at The Home Depot for $8,599
Shop for more KitchenAid kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: LG is popular in the high-tech electronics and appliance industry, adopting innovative features for use on kitchen appliances, including Wi-Fi and smart-home connectivity.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
LG stands for Lucky Goldstar, but it also refers to the company’s tagline: “Life’s Good.” This brand was founded in South Korea in 1958 and has since grown significantly in popularity— achieving international recognition in the electronics and appliance industries. LG is now a household name across America thanks to its high-quality televisions, computers, and innovative appliances. The brand’s domestic popularity, as well as a separate U.S. headquarters in New Jersey, makes it easier to find parts, so repair companies don’t need to charge as much to source parts for repairs.
While other appliance manufacturers prefer to stick to what they know, LG prioritizes innovation. LG products feature smart capabilities, including but not limited to Wi-Fi connectivity, smart- home integration, touch-screen surfaces, remote scheduling, and more. It’s these small high-tech touches that make investing in LG worthwhile. However, all of these innovative features come at a price: LG appliances are commonly more expensive than those of competitors.
- LG 26 cu. ft. Smart InstaView Counter Depth MAX French Door Refrigerator: Connect to the LG LRFOC2606S refrigerator through Wi-Fi with a smartphone, tablet, or computer to change the temperature and control your refrigerator’s settings. With this LG refrigerator, users can also choose to receive push notifications to let them know whether the door is open or if the water filter needs to be replaced. Get the LG 26 cu. ft. Smart InstaView Counter Depth MAX French Door Refrigerator for $2,198
LG 7.3 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range: This double oven has a convection function and offers 4.3 cubic feet in the lower oven and an upper oven with 3 cubic feet. Get the LG 7.3 cu. ft. Double Oven Electric Range at The Home Depot for $1,298
Shop for more LG kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Maytag specializes in manufacturing affordable appliances for big families and overzealous grocery shoppers, so expect to find oversize refrigerators, dishwashers, and ovens among Maytag’s product lines.
Price Range: $$ to $$$
Maytag was founded in 1893 in the town of Newton, Iowa. The well-known brand started as a farm machinery manufacturer but began producing electric washing machines in 1911. It took just 13 years for the company to sell Maytag washers to one in every five American households and establish itself as one of the largest appliance manufacturers in the U.S. While the Whirlpool Corporation now owns it, Maytag’s focus on functionality and spaciousness remains to this day.
The company’s appliances, including refrigerators, ranges, microwaves, and dishwashers, are made for big families to help manage groceries, dishes, and large family meals without a problem. Maytag appliances focus on being bigger and better. This could mean a third dishwasher rack, humidity-controlled refrigerator doors, or an oversize oven, depending on your family’s needs. These appliances are incredibly durable. What’s more, Maytag is quick to send replacement parts thanks to its widespread domestic presence—Maytag has a variety of repair locations to fix any problems at an affordable price.
- Maytag Gas Range with True Convection: Cook a meal for the entire family on this Maytag MGR8800FZ gas range that has a spacious 5.8-cubic-foot oven, a built-in self-cleaning mode, and a fingerprint-resistant stainless steel exterior that’s easy to clean. Get the Maytag Gas Range with True Convection at The Home Depot for $998
- Maytag Built-In Dishwasher with Dual Power Filtration: This 47-decibel dishwasher is quiet and offers microfiltration and a four-blade stainless steel chopper for disintegrating any food. Its PowerBlast cycle uses steam, high-pressure jets, and higher water temperatures to remove stuck-on food. Get the Maytag Built-In Dishwasher with Dual Power Filtration at The Home Depot for $949
Shop for more Maytag kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Samsung is the main competitor for LG when it comes to producing appliances with high-tech features like touch screens, mobile control, and smart-home integration, though its products can be expensive.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
Based in South Korea, Samsung is an internationally recognized brand best known as one of the largest smartphone manufacturers in the world. The company was founded over 80 years ago as a trading company, diversifying its interests and entering the electronics industry in the late 1960s. With the current focus on innovative technology and cutting-edge features, Samsung appliances are great additions that can bring a kitchen into the modern age or even give it a futuristic feel when multiple appliances are connected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Samsung kitchen appliances combine high-tech features with reliable operation; however, it should be noted that the high-tech extras that come with these products also tend to increase their price tag.
- Samsung Top Control Dishwasher: The fingerprint-resistant stainless steel exterior of this Samsung Top Control Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher complements almost any kitchen aesthetic. It’s equipped with AquaBlast jets for heavy-duty wash cycles and an automatic door that opens after washing to help improve drying. Get the Samsung Top Control Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $828
Shop for more Samsung kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: Whirlpool has a long history in appliance manufacturing but recently found its place among competitors in the industry with energy-efficient appliance designs that keep energy and utility costs low.
Price Range: $ to $$$
The Upton Machine Company was founded in 1911, long before it became the Whirlpool Corporation. The company acquired smaller companies, like the Seeger Refrigerator Company in 1955, in order to gradually grow its product offerings. Since then, Whirlpool has become well known for manufacturing a range of energy-efficient appliances, including ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers, stovetops, microwaves, and more.
Whirlpool has nine manufacturing facilities across the U.S. and owns a number of smaller appliance brands, including KitchenAid, Maytag, and Amana, so parts and repairs are relatively inexpensive when compared with international brands. Expect to find the Energy Star symbol on most of Whirlpool’s appliances, due to the company’s focus on producing eco-friendly and sustainable products to meet modern consumer demand.
- Whirlpool Double Oven Electric Range: The 6.7-cubic-foot oven on this Whirlpool WGE745C0FS electric range has two oven spaces that can each be set to a different temperature, making it ideal for preparing a variety of dishes at the same time for big family meals like Thanksgiving dinner. Get the Whirlpool Double Oven Electric Range at The Home Depot for $1,448
- Whirlpool 24.5-cu ft 4-Door with Ice Dispenser: The Whirlpool 4-Door Refrigerator has a separate pullout deli drawer between the upper fridge and lower freezer compartments. Get the Whirlpool 24.5-cu ft 4-Door with Ice Dispenser at Lowe’s for $1,999
- Whirlpool 24 in. Fingerprint-Resistant Stainless Steel Dishwasher with Tub and Tall Top Rack: This dishwasher’s tub design and tall rack offers extra space than typical dishwashers, and its powerful Sani Rinse option cleans up to 99.9 percent of food soil bacteria off of your dishes. Get the Whirlpool 24 in. Fingerprint-Resistant Stainless Steel Dishwasher with Tub and Tall Top Rack at The Home Depot for $703
Shop for more Whirlpool kitchen appliances at:
About the Brand: GE created the Café brand in 2018 for the purpose of providing niche products for those who are willing to pay a little extra for appliances with a distinctive, high-end aesthetic appearance.
Price Range: $$$ to $$$$
The Café name is easy to remember, and the products are hard to forget, with unique designs that focus more on the appearance of the product than on the functionality. Café was originally part of the GE brand until they decided to spin Café into its own high-end appliance brand in 2018. Though GE still owns Café, the products are in a completely different category than GE’s typical offerings, prioritizing aesthetic appeal over affordability.
Most Café appliances have impressive exteriors that look great in almost any kitchen, but these products also come with premium features, like Wi-Fi connectivity, smart-home integration, and touch screens. The products function with the same efficiency and durability as standard GE appliances, but the extra color options, drawer or shelf formats, and other standout features set Café appliances apart.
- Café Top Control Smart Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher: This whisper-quiet dishwasher operates at a quiet 39 decibels and is available in four premium finish options and four customizable handles, including brushed copper, brushed bronze, brushed stainless, and brushed black. Get the Café Top Control Smart Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $1,709
- Café 30 in. 5.7 cu. ft. Smart Slide-In Dual Fuel Range: Combining a gas cooktop with an electric oven, this has a six-burner gas range, a 21,000-BTU burner, and a 15,000-BTU burner. Get the Café 30 in. 5.7 cu. ft. Smart Slide-In Dual Fuel Range at Wayfair for $3,339
- Café Smart Appliances French-Door Refrigerator: This smart refrigerator offers a hot water dispenser, is WiFi-enabled, and has a smudge-resistant finish. Get the Café Smart Appliances French-Door Refrigerator at Wayfair for $3,922
Shop for more Café kitchen appliances at:
How We Chose the Best Kitchen Appliance Brands
Choosing the best kitchen appliance brands isn’t an easy undertaking, as there are so many different appliances used in a kitchen. To create this list, we considered appliance brands that offered a suite of reputable, popular, and innovative products for the kitchen.
As not every appliance maker excels in every category, we gave preference to those that do offer products worthy of a top pick in refrigerators, ranges, microwaves, dishwashers, cooktops, freezers, and ovens. Since not everyone wants a high-end WiFi-enabled appliance, and not everyone wants a streamlined low-tech option, we included brands that excel at delivering quality options for either need.