Why It Made the Cut: Legal & General America offers high coverage limits and same-day payments, and it has a selection of available riders, making it an excellent pick for most customers.
Legal & General America offers a selection of loan terms, including up to 40 years, so it’s easier for homeowners to get the length of coverage they need. In order to get all the coverage required, the company offers several riders, including an accelerated death benefit and coverage for children, both of which are unique among mortgage protection insurance policies. Potential customers can get a quote online, by phone, or through an agent, and they’ll have to purchase the policy through a licensed agent. And if it’s necessary to file a claim, the beneficiaries can do so online or by phone. Once the claim is approved, the company could pay out the benefit on the same day. Legal & General America may even offer some coverage for insureds who have a history of cancer in the family, which is a standout feature that can bring many customers peace of mind.
- Term options: 10 to 40 years
- Quote process: Online, phone, or through an agent
- Claim process: Online or phone
- AM Best rating: A+
- Wide range of term options offered, including up to 40 years
- Same-day payments issued once the claim is approved
- Several riders available, including accelerated death benefit and coverage for children
- Customers with a family history of cancer may still qualify for some coverage
- Policy must be purchased through a licensed agent