I've seen a lot of posts on insulating basement walls, but I only want to do basement ceiling. Here's my plan of attack - any suggestions/comments are most welcome. Please forgive some of my terminology - still learning.
1. Seal and insulate with rigid foam board where joists meet foundation - at the sole plate?
2. R19 6 1/4" thick faced fiberglass - facing up toward first floor.
3. 4 mil vapor barrier over entire ceiling surface - to cover joists and insulation.
4. Reinstall existing drop ceiling.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries