We have old sectional garage door > 30 yrs and it has extension springs on both sides. Each spring is a double spring ( a smaller diameter spring in a larger diameter spring with heavy metal clips on both ends).
Now one of the smaller spring has broken but the larger spring is still intact.
I am trying to replace but has not found the same construct yet. Any suggestion where would I be able to find an extension spring similar to this one. Also should I replace the pulleys and wires too. Our spring system does not have a safety wire and I am thinking about adding it too.
I would very much appreciate your responses regarding where to get the whole assembly and also referral to any websites to get detailed instructions about replacing the garage door extension springs.
Thanks a bunch.
Garage Door Opener sticks in cold weather
Need new light cover for Midwest Challenger Opener C...
Pull down faucet detaches
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects