Recently my Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (with remote) blew one of the 3 candelabra style lights. I was in the room at the time and saw the flash. I did not change the light at the time as it was late and I figured I would change it the next day. I used the remote to turn off the (remaining) lights for the night and it went to about half dim. They did not turn off completely. Now we have had this for several years and this is how we typically turn off the light in the bedroom. The ceiling fan light has the option to use the light button to set the dimness level by holding the button. To turn the light of completely you press the light button once. So I was forced to use the light switch on the wall to turn the lights off for the night.
The next day I investigated further and had the same results. The ceiling fan works normally with the 3 different buttons on the remote (four buttons, 3 different speeds and off). The light button is situated below the fan buttons. I have no other remote ceiling fans in the house. There has not been any changes to the room to cause interference (that I know of). The only thing I can relate to the new problem is the light blowing out just before I tried turning off the light.
I tried a reset of the remote that I saw elsewhere on the internet and that did not help. I replaced all of the bulbs to be exact matches of the others. I have not tried anything else.
Any suggestions. I will call Hampton Bay for suggestions when they are open during business hours.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects