10:56PM | 04/03/01
Member Since: 01/31/00
76 lifetime posts
We have a home in the Pacific Northwest...where we get lots of rain. The majority of our property is above and behind our home and is a rocky hillside. We have had quite a bit of water runoff of some sort, coming down our driveway to the street. I am thankful that it is away from our home, but we need to put down new gravel on our driveway. I honestly don't know if we have an underground spring issue or water runoff. The small stream that runs down our driveway occurs for about 3-4 days after a fairly good rain. After that time, it disappears. Can anyone tell me what resources are available to us to determine the exact problem and possible solutions? I don't know where to begin. Do I contact my county? What department would I talk to? Any help would be greatly appreciated!


12:50PM | 04/05/01
Member Since: 03/13/00
1675 lifetime posts
Many phone books have a section on local government. You might start there. Even it you're not sure which department to start with, a few questions should get you directed to the right people. Good luck.
Click to reply button
Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

To test the boundaries of small-footprint living, interior designer Jessica Helgerson moved her family to a 540-square-foo... Filling an underutilized area beneath the stairs is a smart way to save space. Doing so with a stash of wood, however, is ... The Audubon Society inspired wallpaper in this Adirondack-styled mudroom will get you in the outdoor mood. Grab your coat ... Chalkboard paint opens up endless possibilities for customizing your dresser time and time again. Use chalk to label the c... A fireplace in the bathroom creates the ultimate setting for relaxation. Homeowners often choose electric or gas over wood... This roomy boot tray made from punched metal stands up to all the elements. Station it in your mudroom or at your back doo... There’s nothing like a new set of cabinet hardware to refresh a room. The possibilities are endless: Go modern, rustic, or... FLOR tiles are an affordable way to customize a carpeted floor covering for any space. Make anything from runners to wall-... Chalkboard paint features prominently in this elegant yet unpretentious headboard design. Add a new message daily to reflec... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... The indecisive homeowner need not fret over choosing one (or even two) cabinet colors. The kitchen cabinets in this artist... Incorporate nature into your lighting scheme by securing a dead tree in a concrete mold and draping your pendant lamp from... Simple and striking, a couple of pieces of "lovingly used" furniture creates a special kind of charm. A weathered chair fo... First dress up your metal shelves with a coat of paint in an accent color that complements your kitchen decor. Then arrang... Dark wood shelving and a matching upholstered bench keep this closet sleek and refined. The large window brightens the sub...
Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon