Latest Discussions : Basement & Foundation


09:29AM | 05/02/21
I'm looking for some opinions on which type of drain to use for correcting a wet crawl space. I had three different professional opinions which has only confused me as to which is the better option. The three different methods being considered are: 1) Corrugated, Perforated Drain Pipe, 2) PVC pipe, 3) Vertical drain pipe (Hydraway is the brand).

Is one of these methods better than the other. I am (or at least was) leaning to the Hydraway system, but the last professional in which I talked down the hydraway drain systems stating they will clog due to basically being landscaping fabric wrapped over a vertical open sided drain.

What is everyone's opinion of the Hrdyaway (or vertical drain tile) systems?

How would you rank the three different drainage systems I am currently considering?

BTW, all three would drain to a sump pump in the crawl space, and I would also be adding a dehumidifier to whichever drainage system I decide to use.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button