Latest Discussions : Home Design


06:21AM | 07/18/05
Member Since: 07/17/05
1 lifetime posts
Help! What is this for?

In my attic there is a metal canister (approx. 8"dia x 15"h) with a 1" glass tube in front of it. The metal canister is connected at the bottom to a cooper plumbing line (that comes through the floor) and at its side to a horizontal (cast iron?) metal pipe that penetrates the angled roof structure.

The (old, 1050's looking) label has no description but I think it says the comapny name is "Electric Weld"

Can someone tell me what this is for?

The house, built in the 1920's, is on Staten Island of New York City.


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button